Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

TruePrep

Testing Today: Should I Eat Gluten Before?

Rate this topic

Well, after a nearly 14 week gluten challenge, I am finally going in to have my blood testing done today. Full Celiac Plus panel which tests every antibody plus the genetic testing... 

I wonder if I should eat a big ole bagel before I go in?? lol

I know at this point it probably won't change things, yet for some reason I have the desire to gluten load before the test... I feel like I've been on this damn challenge forever and I'm excited/nervous to just get this testing done, and to feel absolutely certain it is accurate. Which sadly, you can never be absolutely certain of, as nothing is 100% perfect -- in testing, and in life!

Of course, after the test today I have to wait another 9 days to see the gastro and get the results which will be brutal I'm sure. This process is not for the impatient!  :P

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, after a nearly 14 week gluten challenge, I am finally going in to have my blood testing done today. Full Celiac Plus panel which tests every antibody plus the genetic testing... 

I wonder if I should eat a big ole bagel before I go in?? lol

I know at this point it probably won't change things, yet for some reason I have the desire to gluten load before the test... I feel like I've been on this damn challenge forever and I'm excited/nervous to just get this testing done, and to feel absolutely certain it is accurate. Which sadly, you can never be absolutely certain of, as nothing is 100% perfect -- in testing, and in life!

Of course, after the test today I have to wait another 9 days to see the gastro and get the results which will be brutal I'm sure. This process is not for the impatient!  :P

You will probably want to keep eating gluten in case the gastro wants to do a endoscopy with biopsy

Join eNewsletter

Well, I still have 5 days until I see the gastro and get the results of the blood work I had on Monday. My nightmare is that something comes back positive and I have to have an endoscopy, but that it will won't be able to be scheduled for another month or longer...

I feel bloated and I've probably gained ten pounds over the course of this 3 month gluten challenge... I keep thinking about just going back to my gluten lite diet now, and hope that everything comes back negative. And then if anything is positive I can just resume a gluten challenge a few weeks before the endoscopy. Then I think, what's a few more days, just see what the results are next week!

What a physical and emotional struggle this testing process has been... part of me wishes I never undertook it because I feel so much worse than I did when I was just eating gluten lite. Plus now the prospect of potentially having to go totally gluten free is hitting me  :(

Join eNewsletter