Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

KBart

What Cooking Items To Replace?

Rate this topic

If I missed a sticky on this, I apologize. I had a few questions about specific items in terms of replacement.

1) Cast iron - I saw several threads but I'm just wondering if I should just repalce or try and clean.

2) Le Cruset Enameled cooking pot - the enamel isn't worn off but the bottom is black and I haven't been able to get it clean.

3) Food processor

4) Crock Pot

5) Stand mixer

6) Outdoor grill - I will likely just clean...just making sure I'm not overlooking anything here.

Anything rubber, plastic or wood, anything scratched or grooved, I'm going to or have replaced.  Am I missing anything?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If the pot has burnt on food and you can not remove it without taking off th enamel, I would not use it. Ask for a new one for your birthday or get a Lodge enamel pot. I found mine discounted and have been happy with it and the price. It performs as well my my neighbor's LeCruset. If you have a self -cleaning oven, you can put the cast iron pan through a cycle. The temperature is so high that it will burn the gluten off and then re-season the pan. I tossed my food processor. I made lots of pastry dough and ground up cookies for crusts in my plastic processor. Too many scratches in it for me to feel safe and I never used the grater attachment anyway. The crock is fine -- just clean well. Use Bon Ami to scour it. Lots of folks have successfully cleaned their stand mixers. I just got a new hand-held mixer as my kitchen is tiny! Clean your grille using oven cleaner and then bake it on high for an hour, if it is gas or put lots of charcoal and bake to burn off any gluten residue.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

For your food processor just replace the plastic container, and blades. Especially if your motor is still good. You can get replacement parts on Amazon. Your cookie sheets cover with foil and use parchment paper. I use parchment paper on all my cake pans. Depending on your stand mixer you can replace the bowl, but may not need to, just put it though a sanitizing cycle in your dishwasher.

Join eNewsletter