Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

mammaof5

Positive Biopsy Negative Blood Work

Rate this topic

Hello everyone this is my first post and I have done a ton of research I. The last month or so ... To make a long story short I had a endoscopy which they found my stomach to be red and inflamed and the pathologist found lymphocytosis in small intestine so the doctor sent me for a full celiac blood panel ( which all came back negative) yes I was eating gluten at the time ... Just some history I have been in so much pain and feeling sick since I had my 3rd baby 19 months ago symptoms are burning and craning in lower abdomen stomach cramping after eating I also am VERY fatigued and get swelling in my hands and feet ... I have seen a urologist who did and bunch of test and told me I have IC ( intersticail cystitis ) non curable bladder pain always have white blood cells in urin with no infection .... So anyways they call with my blood work and say well celiac was negative and that was it .. It was not until I asked a bunch of questions that my doctors MA said well maybe you should come in and talk to the doctor ... At the end of the apt he says you need to go gluten free for 3 weeks and I'll see you back ( he was not even going to see me in the first place but I asked to many questions ) anyways I have read that lymphocytes are usually early signs of celiac ... What are your thoughts

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm in the same situation. My biopsy also was suspicious for celiac but negative blood work. So I'm left with the confusion on what's causing the inflammation. I don't feel awful though. Just fatigue and some minor stomach issues. I was started on an acid reducer twice a day and it has helped a lot. But my colon and small intestine shows inflammation. The report from my procedures calls it erosive but my GI doctor called them ulcers?

What exactly does your pathology report say?

Join eNewsletter

Are you sure you received the full celiac disease panel? I know that my provider only offers the screening (TTG IGA and IGA deficency tests). They will only order the full screening if you insist or you have a celiac disease savvy GI doctor. Did they rule outs IBD, Crohn's, SIBO or H Pylori?

I would recommend getting copies of all your lab results.

I am not sure that three weeks on a gluten-free diet will resolve your symptoms. Took me six weeks to see any improvement, a few months for my anemia to resolve and two years before I really felt great. But if all your tests were negative for celiac disease, the diet might be worth trying.

I hope you figure it out!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

That is kind of what they told me right after my biopsy the doctor prescribed an anti acid pill and told me to do anti acid diet once they results from pathology came in they told me well you have lymphocytosis and we are sending you for blood work ( funny part is I asked ok does that mean celiac and the lady put me on hold ... At least she thought she did but I could hear her .. And she asked someone sitting next to her she is asking about celiac should I tell her she has it and the other lady said no tell her we are doing further testing) anyway pathology repost says .... Duodenal intraepithelial lymphocytosis with preservation of villous architecture also states mild reactive gastropathy and no helicobacter pylori

Join eNewsletter

Oh yes I forgot it was very late when I wrote my post but I also suffer from sever bloating I am a small girl and I look like I'm 7 months pregnant by the end of the day I have a rash that comes and goes on my hands they are little tiny bumps filled with clear liquid and itch like crazy!!!!! I also have brain fog that seems to be getting worse I'm a stay at home mom and now all the sudden I forget apt and even dropped my kindergarten off at school to early one day I feel like I'm losing it and I'm only 28 my 5 yr old was hospitalized back in May for sever diarrhea like over 20 times in a day they though he had appendicitis but his ilium was infected after 3 days in the hospital they sent us home they kept asking about chrons ( which does not run in the family) since then he has had 3 separate time of bouts of diarrhea his doc is now sending him to a GI ... Ahh so frustrating ... I have been on and off pain pills for a year now and I don't want to take them I just want to feel better I have started gluten free I'm on day 6!!! I also just want answers!!

Join eNewsletter