Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

williamsb

Question about blood work

About a year ago I had blood work that tested very positive (0-14.99) mines tested 72. Was booked for endoscopy. Did the endoscope(I was told 6+ biopsies were taken) and it came back negative. Sent me for more blood work this time testing positive with 84. Now my doctor thinks it's very possible the surgeon missed the damage or he said something about latent celiac. Too be brutally honest I pretty much lost interest in what they are saying and just do what they tell me too do.

Doctors asked me to go gluten free for a bit and do the blood work again too make sure that the antibodie count will decrease in the diet.

My question is; how long before you think before I can redo the blood work?

thanks in advance

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The University of Chicago's celiac website can help answer your question:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/9486_UCCDC_FactSheets_FollowUpTesting_062012.pdf

"Follow-up testing is conducted to ensure that antibody levels are returning to normal, indicating that the intestine is healing
on the new diet. For this reason, repeat intestinal biopsies are no longer necessary if the antibodies decline as expected. These tests also are reasonably good indicators of the extent to which a celiac patient has been avoiding gluten, and can detect when hidden gluten has entered the diet."

"We recommend new celiac patients receive follow-up testing twice in the first year after their diagnosis. The first appointment should occur 3 to 6 months after the diagnosis, and the second should occur after 1 year on the gluten-free diet. After that, a celiac patient should receive follow-up testing on a yearly basis."

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed