Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bpstrade

tTA results unchanged after 1 year of gluten-free

Just receive my latest blood test results of  tTa of 31   (<20 is neg)  Been eating gluten-free for over 1 year.  Pre diagnosis  blood test was 33, did biopsy positive . Doc said not eating gluten-free, but I check everything, including meds, very careful about cross contamination,  I am chemist + Pharm manufacturing  training so have very good knowledge  in preventing cross contamination.  Need constructive advice  Thanks in advance

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Were the tests run at the same laboratory?  I would start there.

Were you having obvious S&S before dx? Have those gone away?  Do you eat out a lot?  Did you change out things like your toaster and strainers?

Yes  tests were ran at same lab     I had very unusual s&s but they are gone. Sometimes reoccur after eating out, but only minor & briefly.       yes toaster and etc  changed out.   also keep excel spread sheet on daily meals vs a pain score so far no pattern  Thanks for your response

How far do you go in avoiding processed foods that may have been contaminated before they get to you?  At first I just avoided anything with gluten-containing ingredients.  My antibodies went down but not to normal levels.  I had to use Fasano's gluten contamination elimination diet:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3598839/pdf/1471-230X-13-40.pdf