Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CeliacMommaX2

What are your child's symptoms when they are glutened?

I'm still not sure what my kids' symptoms are when they accidentally get gluten.  Every illness and tummy ache make me paranoid.  My daughter ate some chocolate of an unknown source and ended up with a fever, pain when she had a bowel movement, and then a very fine rash.... Could that be gluten?  Is a fever a possible sign of being glutened?

what are your kids' symptoms?  Is it always the same? 

Mom to 2 young kids with celiac, diagnosed March 2015

*Gluten free household

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My kids did not have a positive blood test but I am a celiac and they had symptoms so they are now all gluten-free. Symptoms included stomach aches, diarrhea, headaches, moodiness and lack of concentration.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

My son is twelve and undiagnosed, but all his GI symptoms and malabsorption issues resolved when he went gluten-free, so, at the very least, he is NCGS (I believe, though, that he's celiac).  He's been glutened twice with very small amounts of cc.  His original symptoms were chronic constipation; now, when he gets glutened, he has three days of watery (and I mean almost completely water) diarrhea, headache, fatigue and lethargy.  The first time he was glutened, his stools went back to being an unformed, gloppy mess for about a month before returning to normal.  The second time, the diarrhea was less (but the fatigue was more) and his stools returned to normal much faster.

Hope this helps!