Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Smoore293

Celiac Normal Symptoms and effects?

Rate this topic

So I was diagnosed with celiac about 3 weeks ago and I immediately changed my diet. The day after I changed my diet my bowel movements already started to normalize nut not completely. within these following days I started feeling horrible. I could keep my eyes focused on anything, they just wanted to close. i felt tired and fatigued for no reason. In the least dramatic way I can put it I felt like I was dying. IF this is normal please let me know! These symptoms improved as I continued my diet and I figured it was gluten withdrawal( a gluten free friend informed me about this). Is this normal? A couple a days ago I accidentally ate gluten and a day later those feelings and symptoms came back more or less. Is this gluten withdrawal? or the effects of eating gluten after i have stopped? My bowel movements have been erratic since I consumed the gluten. How long does this all take to normalize? Also since I was diagnosed I have to eat every time I get hungry or i feel like im going to faint. Shaking and weak and I almost get sent into this immediate panic attack (anxiety). What is this? Please help! Sorry so many questions within

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome to the forum!  You are not alone!  

Please read the above link to our Newbie 101 section.  It contains valuable tips that will help you.  

Yes, you can get better!  There is a gluten withdrawal period for many.  It takes time and patience to heal from celiac disease.  There is a steep learning curve in learning the gluten-free diet.  Each gluten exposure can set you back and delay healing.  Plus, healing depends on the severity of your intestinal damage and other health issues.  We are all different.

So, hang in there!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

The forum is a bit wacky today, so I'm not even going to attempt an edit to my posting.  

This is all about healing.  Listen to your body.  Rest when it tells you too.  Eat when you are hungry.  Go for whole nourishing foods.  You will get better!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter