This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Welda! You're Famous!

DLayman

DLayman Apprentice

I was looking over the contents of a new book on celiac disease and what should I see? Yup Welda wrote a chapter!!!! Go Welda Go Welda!!! This book looks like a keeper!

Check it out! Open Original Shared Link

Denise

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kejohe Apprentice

There are several of us on this board who have contributed stories to that book, including Jessica, Shirley, Stacie, and myself. I can't wait for it to hit the shelves, my whole family is waiting to read it, both for the stories and for the educational information. I think it will be fantastic!

Hope you all enjoy it!

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Kathleen-

I emailed Peter this morning, he said my copy of the book was shipped out this morning!! I can't wait to read it.

I didn't realize I had submitted so much! ha I was looking through the table of contents of the book online and I have 4 articles and 1 recipe!! haha I guess I must have been feeling wordy that day!! :D

I can't wait to get my book...it looks like he is trying to do a second edition of it. So anyone who wishes to participate I am sure that they can.....the website is here: Open Original Shared Link

-Jessica :rolleyes:

DLayman Apprentice

Wow~~ we are a chatty group!! Sorry all Welda's name popped out at me!!! Congrats to you all It looks like a great book!

Denise

Guest aramgard

Hey Guys, Melonie Katz is in there too. She's on the Silly Yak web site and is a better writer than I am, much better. I hope people who need the book, read the book. I think anyone with this disease really has a story to tell. Too bad, it's taking so long to get the message across. But, better late than never for those poor people who still don't have the message. Shirley

kejohe Apprentice

Yeah, I was pretty chatty too, my story was about three times longer than Peter originally recommended, plus I put my cinnamon cookie recipe in there. But he said it was exactly what they were looking for, so I hope everyone else enjoys it too.

Alison Rookie

Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while, but I'm in the book too! (just tooting my own horn! :P ) I have been reading the book non-stop since I got it and am so amazed by everyone's stories. I am tempted to get a copy for each of my doctors and send it to them -- especially the gastroentreologist from my story! Congrats to everyone for sharing their stories with a positive outlook on life.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shanmac Rookie

i'm in the book too (i wrote "cold days and clear skies"...it's pretty corny, hehe)...i just got my copy. it's awesome! it feels so good to read stories of all the other celiacs that seem to be somewhere out there.

Guest jhmom

I think everyone did a WONDERFUL job on the book! I am reading everyone's story one by one!! I too have a story in there and in the process of preparing another story for the second one, a story about my daughter and how she was dx. I hope our stories will help someone out there and that is what is most important.

Kathleen, I read your story you did a wonderful job and Jessica you were chaty, but you did a GREAT job!

Alison and shanmac I look forward to reading your story too, as well as ALL of them!

faithladene Rookie

Will this book be available in bookstores?

Faith

Guest aramgard

I don't know about book stores, but try www.apersonaltouchon.com for a website. Shirley

travelthomas Apprentice

Way to go! That

kejohe Apprentice

I still haven't recieved mine yet.. :( I wonder what's taking it so long. I admit living in AK slows down shipping, but I still (usually) get packages in a few days. Oh well. guess I'll wait a little longer.

Guest jhmom

Kathleen, I just got mine the other day, I am sure yours is on the way! :D

kejohe Apprentice

I finally got my copy today! Now I have to find a way to get it away from my husband so I can read it!

• 4 months later...
wclemens Newbie

Hi everyone,

I've been off the board for the past few months, going through a divorce and all the changes that such a drastic decision involve. Wow! I am so happy to be a part of this group, and I feel blessed to be in such great company! Thanks to you all for being there. Welda

Guest jhmom

Hi Welda I was wondering where you had been. Sorry for the problems you have had but glad you are back on the board!

Take care

gf4life Enthusiast

I was wondering how you were doing also! And how is your grandson?

Sorry about the trouble you've had, but we sure are glad your back!

God bless,

Mariann

• 1 month later...
wclemens Newbie

Hi,

Here it is the middle of October already, and I just now got to see your messages! They mean so much to me--thank you. At the same time I was going through the divorce, my grandson's mom decided that he should enter daycare (he was almost one year) and abruptly put him in five days a week. That was traumatic to say the least, but then later she decided that our baby probably didn't really have Celiac, so she started him on all the foods I had spent a year avoiding. Her doctor at Kaiser did a blood test and said it was negative, so at 18 months our baby is still eating all those forbidden foods. I captured a stool sample of his two weeks ago and sent it off to Enterolab, where the original diagnosis had come from, so I am waiting now for the results. Because I had to start working 2 jobs I have had little time to babysit or even visit family, but next Thursday I get to keep my grandson all day! It is a miracle.

I have faith that everything works out for the best, so I am looking forward to my life being even better than before. I had retired after 25 years as an elementary school teacher, and 3 weeks ago I took the Law School Admissions Test in anticipation of applying to Law School. I am hoping to go on a scholarship, as I did when I earned my Master's degree in Education. I almost cry when I think of getting to attend law classes. I love to learn, and have always loved school.

Throughout all these changes my health has stayed excellent, and I am sticking to my rigid diet (meat, fruits, vegetables, nuts & seeds) strictly. I hope that you all are also feeling great! Welda

Guest jhmom

Welda:

Sorry to hear about your grandson. I know its hard on them to leave a "comfort zone" then to be thrown back into eating foods that make him feel bad has to be tough too! You two enjoy your gluten-free day together :rolleyes:

CONGRATS on going back to school, that is awesome! You keep it up, sounds like you are doing great. :D

Take care & God Bless

• 2 weeks later...
wclemens Newbie

Hi,

Well, it is October 26th already, and as I sit here tonight reading through the messages, I am gratefully reminded of all the times in the past 3 years when I have turned to this website for inspiration, encouragement, and information. I want to say thank you to each and every one of you for taking the time to offer your support.

I had such a beautiful day with my little grandson (18 months old now) and it was just like old times, laughing, playing, singing, and dancing. Being healthy is such a blessing.

I passed my Law School Admissions Test! Welda

tarnalberry Community Regular

Congrats!!!!!!! :-)

Guest jhmom
:D CONGRATS!!!! :D

Archived