cstark

weird symptom?

Rate this topic

Over the past month or so, I have been have a fuzzy feeling in my left ear canal. The best I can describe is it feels like there is a bug in my ear, but when ear is checked, no bug but the fuzzy stays.  Any ideas?  Or is this one of those strange neurological symptoms from gluten?  Please don't tell me you need to get ti checked out, because all the doctors will say is "There's nothing wrong, everything's normal." BLAH!

Maybe its trapped water in your ear?  Or maybe an ear infection or allergic reaction to something.  Hopefully you aren't a fan of the Braindead TV show... :)

I have a pain in my ear that is actually referred from my swollen thyroid. But my ears sometimes feel full, I think it is related to my brain pressure.

Who checked it out? Primary doc or ENT? Were you glutened recently? 

Have you seen a neuro? We have celiac and MS in my family so I hit the MRI pretty quickly when the weird neurological stuff showed up.

Okay, everybody.  Here's the thing.  I have been brain wave tested, neuro-tested, thyroid tested, and ALL the doctors said everything is "normal".  Whatever that is now. One thing I now know is that I have a brain.  YIPPEE! :) 

Hi cstark

I have a buzzing sensation in my right ear/sensation of fullness, since 2013 I think.

According to my ENT it is a kind of tinnitus but at times it really feels as if something is actually buzzing around at the back of my head, if that makes sense? I too have been MRI'd to check but there was nothing there - apart from a brain, I am glad to say!

Sometimes there is no noise at all.  But when it happens I would say it affects my hearing to some degree, I find myself asking people to repeat themselves!

My observations is that it happens more when I eat a lot of milk or yoghurt so dairy must be a contributing factor (although hard cheese doesn't seem to have the same effect) and also when it is playing up my head position can make it worse.  I notice that it is worse if I hold the the receiver of a phone up to my ear for any length of time and I am hunched over the phone. Absolutely no idea why.  

I don't think it is anything to do with gluten - it started up in the autumn after I hurt my neck badly lifting my son above my head in July  (bad idea, he was seven at the time). Apparently my C-spine alignment is poor so perhaps it is some sort of neck nerve impingement as GFinDC's post might be suggesting.

I get increased ringing in my ears with some food reactions.  I suppose your ear symptom could be related to B vitamins deficiency?  Just a guess.