janiney08

Nauseous and Pregnant! HELP!

Rate this topic

The last post related to this was from a few years ago, I hope it is ok that I started a new one. HELP! I am 8 weeks and am so incredibly nauseous on and off all day which I know is a totally normal thing. I would give anything to have ritz, vanilla wafers and saltine crackers.

I have tried the gluten-free versions but nothing seems to be working. Any ideas or recommendations of specific things/brands to eat? I know I can speak to the nutritionist at the obgyn but was hoping for some assistance from all you gluten-free ladies.

1 month to go in my first trimester, I'm hoping my stomach will settle down after that.

Thanks in advance!

Also on a side note, I'm super grateful that I found out I have celiac before getting pregs, at least my iron is now on the upswing!

Congratulations!  I am excited for you. 

You are right, being nauseous is normal and based on a recent study released this week, it is a good thing.  You and Kate Middleton have something in common.  Hopefully, it will dissipate soon.

I have no specific advice.  I was pregnant befor my Dx.  I can say that after my pregnancy ended, I never ate a Waverly cracker again.  I was sick of them! 

I understand the need to have something on the go.  What about applesauce, bananas, or peanut butter?  Can you eat yogurt (keep a cooler handy).    It does not have to be crackers. 

I wish you well!  

Thanks so much! We are so excited! I normally love yogurt (siggi's in particular) but had a hard time getting it down yesterday, trying to get my protein in is a bit hard.  I'll try applesauce, peanut butter and banana, thanks!  Luckily a co-worker has mints and that just helped tremendously. I also never knew you could want to barf and also want  chili cheese nachos at the same time lol! Growing a human is hard work!  :) Thanks again!

For all those following, I went on pinterest and bought everything anyone said worked quickly. Having a grocery store in walking distance of your job is a wonderful thing. I picked up some ginger candies, sweet tarts, jolly ranchers (the apple ones are suppose to do the trick), gluten-free pretzels and some ginger tea. I'm not nauseous anymore but realize that it not the healthiest of options, and I still want nachos.