JamieB1984

Help!?! I have no clue what is going on with my body!

Rate this topic

Hello!! I have some things that are pointing to Celiac or Gluten intolerance. I have for the past year loosing weight and unable to gain, noticed my hair was slightly thinner, depression on and off, bouts of diarrhea, fatigue to the point of taking energy pills to make it through the day, ache and pains all over my body. And that is just to start... In late August i notice a rash like area on my right lower leg. Almost resembled shingles then 2 days later I wake up with the same kind of spot on my left lower leg. Both very itchy, red and angry.... about 5 weeks later it resolved and left almost a scar (purplish in color almost), i have been fine for 2-3 months then i was coverd in a red itchy blotchy rash in random areas that would hive if I scratched. This was on and off every day since the eruption of the areas on my legs in august. I would just take benadryl and use creams to soothe, recently within the past month i now have bloating and excessive belching and gas. What in the world is going on with me?!?

2 days ago I decided to try to test myself so I fasted from midnight until 530pm the next day with the exception of sprite to drink. I then ate Spaghetti and rolls for dinner around 535pm and within the hour i had another rash starting to emerge. About 10 mins after the rash came my head started hurting again just like every time the rash comes. 

First welcome to the forums we are here to help.

Sounds like celiac disease, you need to keep eating gluten to get tested, thankfully not much you only need to eat a cracker or a half slice of bread a day. You need to go to you doctors and see about getting the FULL celiac blood panel test done, they will then do a follow endoscope with biopsy to test check for villi blunting and damage. This is the testing phase once diagnosed I would then suggest starting the gluten free diet. I can help provide some links to where to find foods, supplements, and the community here will be with you all the way in helping you in your journey and finding you way in you time of uncertainty.