Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
loskers

Truly Gluten Fee (i.e. no cross contamination)

Rate this topic

We will be headed to San Antonio next month and while I know a lot of restaurants have a "gluten free" menu, my concern is cross contamination. Are there any restaurants that are gluten free with little to no chance of cross contamination? Typically these options are prepared in a separate part of the kitchen. Thanks in advance for any help!

When we went on vacation, I prepped and packed herbs and spices into individually labeled sandwich bags and brought a crock pot with us. I used the hotel microwave to cook vegetables. We also purchased light weight plastic camping bowls, plate and sporks. A lot of prep work was made, but turned out very rewarding. I just wasn't ready to test out restaurants. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, loskers said:

We will be headed to San Antonio next month and while I know a lot of restaurants have a "gluten free" menu, my concern is cross contamination. Are there any restaurants that are gluten free with little to no chance of cross contamination? Typically these options are prepared in a separate part of the kitchen. Thanks in advance for any help!

I went to San Antonio for my birthday. Only place I trusted was a sushi restaurant that is VERY allergen friendly. Think it is called sumo?  Other then That I brought a bunch of microwave cookware, omelette makers, steam trays, and a small griddle. And a bunch of veggies, egg whites, my own gluten-free birthday cake I made myself. Made a bunch of steam pouches by putting small amounts of meat, and alot of veggies in a seasoning blend and a tiny bit of vinegar/juice/liquid smoke in vacuum seal bags. You just take the bags poke holes in them put them on a plate wrapped in paper towels and zapp it and make instant meals. Stir Fries, steam pouch meals and omelettes. I treated myself to some high end lump crab meat in most my meals for those days.....I love San Antonio and go there every year for my birthday.