Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
l394l

Celiac diagnosis with numeric data and timeline for 28 year old male

Rate this topic

2001 (12 years old) – First prescribed Omperezole for acid reflux.  Would go to nurses office during school because of nerves/ nausea

10/2012- Upper endoscopy- All looks good

05/2013- Experience severe lower left quadrant pain, constipation for first time.  Happened during boot camp—extreme stress, chronic dehydration, physical exertion.

10/2013- Colonoscopy, no biopsies taken, diverticula seen, otherwise all looks good.  Diagnosed with IBS

**Deal with intermittent constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain for years**

01/2016- Go to Primary Dr. because I feel waves of fatigue/ sleepiness/ facial flushing/ foggy head/ memory issues at work. Still same old same old abdominal issues

-Testosterone Free plus total blood test 248.2 (Ref range 249-836)

-25 OH Vitamin D 19.3 ng/ml (Ref range 32-100)

06/11/16- Hospitalized for migraine—numbness in jaw, left arm, loss of vision, confusion, vomiting.

11/22/16- Go to new Gastro Doctor

-Damidated Gliadin Abs, IgA 53H (Ref range 0-19)

-Saccharomyces cerevisiae, IgA 42.5H (Ref range 0-24.9)

-Saccharomyces cerevisiae, IgG 43.1H (Ref range 0-24.9)

-Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgG 3 (Ref range 0-19)

-Immunoglobin A, Qn, Serum 278 (Ref range 90-386)

-t-Tranglutaminase (tTg) IgA <2 (Ref range 0-3)

-t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG <2 (Ref range 0-5)

01/26/17- Upper and lower scope/ further bloodwork

-Gastritis, duodenitis, small internal hemorrhoids

-Deodenal Biopsy- mildly increased intraepithelial lymphocytes

-DQ2- Positive

-DQ8-Negative

03/01/17 GLUTEN FREE DIET

Current symptoms: General feeling of unwellness, anxiety, nausea, diarrhea, weight loss, irritability, lack of motivation, loss of interest in pretty much everything.

My gut has always been tied to my nerves (i.e. adrenaline dump makes me vomit, job interview means diarrhea before, cheating girlfriend makes me physically sick and vomit).  I really think the current gastro symptoms persisting despite being gluten free are due to an undiagnosed anxiety issue.  I have a really stressful job and I believe the celiac diagnosis and new stressors associated with it have put my anxiety in overdrive.  Having to carefully plan meals or explain to others my new choice of diet has put me over the edge.  I am a pretty private person…and now having to speak openly with servers at restaurants about my disease or explaining to coworkers when asked about my new diet.  These new stressors have brought an underlying anxiety issue to the surface.  It has gotten bad to the point where I have to leave work because my upper stomach cramping is so bad…I can’t eat in the morning because I am so nauseous.  I wake up in the middle of the night to do diarrhea. 

I know i haven't really presented any questions that need answering...at this point, I'm just hoping to connect with someone with similar issues.  I also hoped it would be helpful to provide some numeric data of my own...many of the postings list extensive subjective symptoms without the actual test results...So I hope thats helpful.

• Upvote 1

Yeah its like a fight or flight thing with stress, if I get stressed with a full stomach I vomit. I can tell when this is the trigger cause I just nerves get real antsy, I start pacing, then just start burping stuff up no pain, no extreme urge, just blurp and there it goes a few mouth fulls normally then done.   

PS do not eat out, eat at home and take your own meal prep boxes to work, and when invited out to eat. Play it safe, and just tell them "I have some major food allergies, just playing it safe".

Been dealing with constipation since I was a kid, they had no idea what was causing til my stuff go so bad and so many other systematic issues I thought I was dieing and running a bucket list.

Thoughts on dealing with stress, look up Liquid Health Stress & Energy and Liquid Health Neurological Support. Take 1 tbsp each 2-3 times a day before meals....works wonders as part of this disease and having damaged insides is you do not absorb the right vitamins like your b vitamins and this leads to stress, anxiety, and depression issues.   Also look at magnesium, if your dealing with constipation Natural Vitality Calm is great start off with a small dose of 1/2 tsp 1-3 times a day. Over a few weeks you can slowly step it up til you find your sweet spot where you feel great and have easy bowl movements. IF you have extremely bad reactions to the magnesium citrate in the Calm try Doctors best which is a glycinate and easier on the stomach.    You can find all of these on Luckyvitamin.com or amazon. price check and order how it works best for you.

Few helpful links

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/91878-newbie-info-101/

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/117090-gluten-free-food-alternatives-list/

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/116482-supplement-and-foods-you-take/