This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anxiety and muscle pain

Feesa

Feesa Apprentice

Well it's turned out to be one of those days where everything is setting off the anxiety, I will first say I strained my back and arms yesterday at work by lifting a very heavy garbage bag into the dumpster, came home and back and right arm and ribs were killing me, tried to work out the pain and thought i had done so, however this morning not so much shoulder and arm are going between ok and feeling numb, to top it off I get the fight or flight mode when needing to have a bowel movement so numbness and bowel stress kicked off the anxiety to the point where i thought i was going to be sick. I am newer here and have really only been gluten free for almost a month, any ideas that could help me out?? I know it can and will take time to get back to "normal" however still need some advice with this. I take a multi vitiam (cant spell today) everyday and I do not see the GI until July my family doc is at a loss for what to do for me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Top suggestions for both issues. Magnesium and a B vitamin supplment

Two options I suggest for magnesium. Natural Vitality Calm, is very effective but can bit a bit harsh on your gut. Suggest starting off with 1/4tsp work working the dose up over a week or so to what works. OR Doctors best is much easier on the stomach version that will not cause gut issues. Take it as recommended.

B vitamins I swear by taking both Liquid Health Stress & Energy and Neurological Support 3 times a day. 1tbsp each.

There are some food suggestions I can give to help out also like if you can get a gluten-free certified hemp and pumpkin seed source either protein or the whole seeds. GERBS, Oil Seed Company, and Jarrow are sources I trust.

IF you need to know here to buy these things price around between, Lucky Vitamin, and Amazon

PS I use a CBD Oil Vape pen for emergency panic attacks seems to take the edge off.

Feesa Apprentice

Thank you I will look into  all of this and let you know.  I take b12 1200 time release right now but the Magnesium I have not done yet, My last blood test showed that it was good. 

5143Betty Rookie

Magnesium really helped with my anxiety issues. I never get a full fledged panic attack since going gluten-free 7 months ago. I still get uneasy at times, and magnesium does wonders.

Feesa Apprentice

I will look into it and go from there, I just today upped mt b12 and will see what happens with it. Thank you so much

Ennis-TX Grand Master
6 hours ago, Feesa said:

I will look into it and go from there, I just today upped mt b12 and will see what happens with it. Thank you so much

You Should look into a more multi b-vitamin like I suggested they work so much better together.

Feesa Apprentice

And another day of waking up to bs and anxiety this time my right arm is sore but numb, and I am getting a pulsing in my upper guts, I know there is nothing wrong with my heart. I started the b12 yesterday and know it's going to take time but well this is nuts, feel like I am losing my mind.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

WinifriedA Newbie

I swear I wrote this myself :P

yes i have muscle pains and aches too my doctors are at lost of what to do with me. It's probably anxiety and my depression. 

Just thought i post this and let you know you aren't alone.

Archived