Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
bnewvision

Blood test results. What does this mean?

Rate this topic

I received my blood test results and not sure what this means. I was told years ago that I am allergic to wheat (per allergy testing) and that I'm gluten intolerant. I also have chronic neutropenia (low neutrophils, and Doctors say they don't know why). Several years ago I was told to go gluten-free. The last couple of years I have been eating gluten off and on and of course have been feeling pretty awful (with many of the symptoms listed on this site). I am waiting to hear back from my Doctor but just need to know if my newest test results mean anything. Either way, I am going to go back on a gluten-free life. Thanks. 

IMG_4074.PNG

Anyone have feedback? Does IGA .88 mean anything? Or the IGG .25? I've been feeling awful for a long time and currently home on Fmla since March due to illness. Any advice, suggestions, etc. would really help. Thanks! 

Since the standard range is <= .9 they look like you don't have celiac. But you didn't get the full celiac panel and I'm not a doc. I would recommend you get the full celiac panel that includes:

TTG IGA

TTG IGG

DGP IGA

DGP IGG

EMA

IGA

You need to be consuming gluten for the 12 weeks up to the test. You can have a slice of bread every day to do this. You've done the first two tests on the list. So if you have been consistently eating gluten for the past 12 weeks then you just need the last four. There are people with celiac that only test positive on one of the above tests. That's why the full panel is needed.

If you are negative for celiac there is nothing preventing you from going strictly gluten-free since that makes you feel better.

not positive, but definitely trending upward.