Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
wheatconspiracy

I've just had my baptism by fire.

Rate this topic

Does anyone know of Gluten Free (positive) Doctors  in Ontario Canada??

I've found out, with my own research and testing, that I'm suffering from some form of either celiac or gluten related issue. My current GP wanted me on anti-acids 'forever' and metonia, a stomach emptying drug, (her words). Now, this came on very suddenly two months ago but I recall having symptoms flare up over the last 4 years and then later die down. I had recalled a friend complaining about 'Gluten' and decided to look it up. 3 weeks ago, I cut all gluten out of my diet, To my shock and amazement, my heartburn went away within a week, my acid reflux went away within a few days and I started for the first time to feel normal again. Unfortunately, last night, my wife (Chinese) wanted to go to a Chinese buffet and since I had felt almost normal, I agreed. Big mistake, last night my insides were on fire and I couldn't even lay down. 

I've told this to a few docs here who say that gluten allergies have nothing to do with it and they'd like me to stay on the anti-acids which I now haven't taken since last month.  I don't know why doctors refuse to believe this yet and continue to push the purple pill. I have said to my doctor that I am interested in studying medicine in China (its cheap there) to which she became very defensive.  I no longer have faith in our medical system, I feel its driven by ego and face and I intend to go to school for bio-engineering to carry out my own tests and research.  In the meantime I'd like to find a GP that will actually talk to me about the problem so back to my original question:

Just now, wheatconspiracy said:

I've found out, with my own research and testing, that I'm suffering from some form of either celiac or gluten related issue. My current GP wanted me on anti-acids 'forever' and metonia, a stomach emptying drug, (her words). Now, this came on very suddenly two months ago but I recall having symptoms flare up over the last 4 years and then later die down. I had recalled a friend complaining about 'Gluten' and decided to look it up. 3 weeks ago, I cut all gluten out of my diet, To my shock and amazement, my heartburn went away within a week, my acid reflux went away within a few days and I started for the first time to feel normal again. Unfortunately, last night, my wife (Chinese) wanted to go to a Chinese buffet and since I had felt almost normal, I agreed. Big mistake, last night my insides were on fire and I couldn't even lay down. 

I've told this to a few docs here who say that gluten allergies have nothing to do with it and they'd like me to stay on the anti-acids which I now haven't taken since last month.  I don't know why doctors refuse to believe this yet and continue to push the purple pill. I have said to my doctor that I am interested in studying medicine in China (its cheap there) to which she became very defensive.  I no longer have faith in our medical system, I feel its driven by ego and face and I intend to go to school for bio-engineering to carry out my own tests and research.  In the meantime I'd like to find a GP that will actually talk to me about the problem so back to my original question:

There really aren't any "gluten allergy".  Celiac is an autoimmune disease.  You could get a blood test for Celiac if you are eating gluten.

I don't know of any doctors but it sounds like your body is giving you clear indication that you need the diet. Now for the bad news. If you want to be tested for celiac you need to get back on a gluten diet ASAP. Celiac is an autoimmune disease and if you are not eating gluten your body stops producing antibodies. I wish you luck in finding a doctor who listens to you.