Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×

Rate this topic

I bought Spicely Organics Chili powder from Whole Foods in Bellevue, WA.  I got very sick after eating it, so I tested it with three separate gluten tests.  They all came up positive for >10ppm, which is what their "certification" says they test below.  

I just wanted to warn everyone away from them.  They clearly have quality control problems and are not safe for celiacs.

Get me the manufacturing date, and lot number on this please. I know some people in the company and will forward this to them. I am also notifying them of this thread. They are the only brand I use for spices and have not had ANY issues in over 4 years of using their spices.

Did you eliminate everything else that you ate as being the source of your glutening?  Could it have been something that you ate before using this spice?

I used EZ Gluten tests.  I tested each ingredient and the Chili Powder was the only one that came up positive (three times).  

I couldn't find a manufacturing date.

The Lot Number:

OGSCHPOWSP160414

OGSCHPOWSP170201 off of amazon that I got in, tested Negative for gluten I ran Nima and EZ SO at least current shelf product of the chili powder I can say is negative.