Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Rate this topic

The odds are that you do not have celiac disease.  You could be one of the rare cases of alternative genes (less than three percent), like Raven.    Your DGP IGA was elevated.  Did he do a repeat celiac panel?  You could have Crohn's.  I thought for sure my niece had celiac disease.  She went to four GI over a three year period.  She did not have the predominant genes, negative celiac disease panel.  A pill camera caught her Crohn's located beyond the reach of both scopes.  

Keep adovcating!  

24 minutes ago, cyclinglady said:

The odds are that you do not have celiac disease.  You could be one of the rare cases of alternative genes (less than three percent), like Raven.    Your DGP IGA was elevated.  Did he do a repeat celiac panel?  You could have Crohn's.  I thought for sure my niece had celiac disease.  She went to four GI over a three year period.  She did not have the predominant genes, negative celiac disease panel.  A pill camera caught her Crohn's located beyond the reach of both scopes.  

Keep adovcating!  

Yeah, it would be pretty rare. No, he did not do a repeat celiac panel. He did do some tests for inflammation markers and they came back negative. Will see what the colonoscopy and endoscopy says. I see allergy testing in my future, however.  Does anyone know what the HLA markers under the 2 celiacs negative ones mean? Does that mean I'm carrying those or is it just lab coding? 

6 minutes ago, bkelly79 said:

Yeah, it would be pretty rare. No, he did not do a repeat celiac panel. He did do some tests for inflammation markers and they came back negative. Will see what the colonoscopy and endoscopy says. I see allergy testing in my future, however.  Does anyone know what the HLA markers under the 2 celiacs negative ones mean? Does that mean I'm carrying those or is it just lab coding? 

Since I never had a genetic test, I have not really researched it.  I think it they are sub-variants. Definitely not lab coding.  

44 minutes ago, cyclinglady said:

Since I never had a genetic test, I have not really researched it.  I think it they are sub-variants. Definitely not lab coding.  

Yeah they look like sub variants  to me as well , but im not sure either. 

I went and spoke to a geneticist I know from work... im homozygous for the one its found in people who have narcolepsy.  I've inherited the gene marker from both parents= homozygous.  The DQ1 I believe it was is the location on the genes. Its also present in persons with MS, diabetes type1, and another type of auto immune disease.  I'm pretty sure I've not got narcolepsy but good to know. I've seen some stuff about that gene and NCGS. Wondering why that marker was even looked for? Going to assume if they see any of those that they notify...