Jump to content
Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
  • Sign Up

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, i dont know where to start im actually glad i came across this website it's great and dare i say it's actually giving me a bit of hope. To start off im 20 years old my symptoms started when i hit puberty round about that time anway. I was actually going through a really dark time in my life, anway my start of symptoms was excessive sweatimg, then really bad stomach pain. Which lead to a downward  sprial i went to my gp and i kid you not he ram his hands over my stomach and said "you have ibs" I believed he gave me some pills on sent me on my way the pills didn't do nothing for me. So a few years i went to him again and i had to see a different gp due to him not being in. The new gp told me that i had previos blood tests which indicated well he said in his own words "you tested abit postive for gluten intolerance" i was actually really angry but i was also filled with joy thinking to my self after all these years of suffering maybe thats what it was so he told me to retake some blood tests for gluten intolerance and see what happens well they back negative im just so lost in life right now my depressiom is so severe he told me i had vitamin d defficancy amd low folate levels but i know their is a problem with my bowels i just dont know what to actually do my lifes a mess i dont know maybe you guys could gove me some advice i have scalp problems acid reflux facial skin problems acne my bowles vary constipation/loosestools. Everything links to gluten intolerance so i dont know what to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi and welcome :)

1 hour ago, Baz-781 said:

Everything links to gluten intolerance so i dont know what to do.

Do you have copies of the tests? Post them if so, there are several different tests and some only test positive for one of them. You could find out that not all tests were ran.

However even if the tests were negative gluten could still be a problem for you. It is for me. I went through testing convinced it would be positive.

You have a couple of options. You can pursue the test results and possibly further testing. Or you can trial the gluten free diet and see how your body responds to removing it. I would only do the second one once your sure you're not getting any more tests at the moment though. 

So, find the test results if you can. Speak to your doctor about the previous weak positive - that's a very strong indicator that you have an issue. See if you can be referred to a gastroenterologist. If you draw a blank along the medical route start a food diary and remove gluten and see what effect it has. 

Best of luck :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2017 at 11:12 PM, Jmg said:

Hi and welcome :)

Do you have copies of the tests? Post them if so, there are several different tests and some only test positive for one of them. You could find out that not all tests were ran.

However even if the tests were negative gluten could still be a problem for you. It is for me. I went through testing convinced it would be positive.

You have a couple of options. You can pursue the test results and possibly further testing. Or you can trial the gluten free diet and see how your body responds to removing it. I would only do the second one once your sure you're not getting any more tests at the moment though. 

So, find the test results if you can. Speak to your doctor about the previous weak positive - that's a very strong indicator that you have an issue. See if you can be referred to a gastroenterologist. If you draw a blank along the medical route start a food diary and remove gluten and see what effect it has. 

Best of luck :)

 

 

Hi I apologize for the late reply i really do, i grabbed my most recent test results and the ones dating back to 2013 could you help I haven't a clue of what to post many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baz-781 said:

Hi I apologize for the late reply i really do, i grabbed my most recent test results and the ones dating back to 2013 could you help I haven't a clue of what to post many thanks.

No problem :)

If you look at the results they will typically name the test, provide a range guide which shows what a normal or abnormal result will be then provide the result itself. Of course different labs have different layouts. Here's a sample one http://www.holisticheal.com/celiac-gluten-sensitivity-test.html yours may differ.

The important info is the test, eg TTG DGP etc. the range and the results. There may be some comments on there as well.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3

×