Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
Breezy1

3 year olds test results in, mine ordered.

Rate this topic

So I went to the doctor as it’s been a week since my daughter had her blood work done. From reading posts on here I was under the impression it was 5 tests for celiac? I believe my daughter only had one. I will post a photo of her results. Also where the doc ordered my test it says “Gluten screen test with TTA screen please” will that be the full 5 tests? 

The doxtor said my daughters test is negative but I don’t know what to think if it was only one test. Her belly always hurts and she’s so exhausted. She just started pre school on Tuesday and had her second day today, both days she comes home is exhausted and goes right to sleep! 

For some reason it won’t let me attach the photo. The only test name  in this section is tissue transglutaminase Ab and her result was < 3 and reference range says 0-15

I’d also like to add that when the doc got to the celiac part of her results (her liver and thyroid were tested too as well as tested for diabetes) he was like oh wait it does look like there’s some antibodies then he said but it seems to be in normal range. Then he printed it off for me so I can make her appointment with our family doctor 

4 hours ago, Breezy1 said:

So I went to the doctor as it’s been a week since my daughter had her blood work done. From reading posts on here I was under the impression it was 5 tests for celiac? I believe my daughter only had one. I will post a photo of her results. Also where the doc ordered my test it says “Gluten screen test with TTA screen please” will that be the full 5 tests? 

The doxtor said my daughters test is negative but I don’t know what to think if it was only one test. Her belly always hurts and she’s so exhausted. She just started pre school on Tuesday and had her second day today, both days she comes home is exhausted and goes right to sleep! 

For some reason it won’t let me attach the photo. The only test name  in this section is tissue transglutaminase Ab and her result was < 3 and reference range says 0-15

It looks like she just had one celiac test, the TTG which was negative.  If you suspect celiac disease, you should ask for the rest of the panel.  Kids that young might not get a positive on the TTG (even old people like me).  Then there is the possibility that she is seronegative which affects about 10% of celiacs.  So, you can not rule out celiac disease yet!  

Something is wrong!  Keep advocating for her!  

I thought so! I will be asking her doctor when I make her appointment. Thank you :)