This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Could be celiac

ShanelleXxX

ShanelleXxX Newbie

Hi u have been experiencing very weird and miserable symptoms I’ve seen multiple drs and I just feel so alone and feel as though drs and even my family won’t take me seriously they try pin it in anxiety or depression cause I recently had a baby but I know for a fact it’s something more then that I’ve had doctors tell me it’s all in my head and I need to get over it and just focus on my baby but how can u do that when I feel this way 

my symptoms are 

* shortness of breath 

* body aches in back legs sometimes arms neck chest jaw  ect

* sweats 

* constipation 

* burning/sharp pain under left breast and chest 

*indigestion/heartburn 

*headaches

* bloated feeling/gas and burping 

*bubbling feeling in abdomen 

*anxiety when symptoms start occurring 

*im also low in iron and have dry skin

can anyone tell me if this sounds like celiac and what kind or f symptoms u had before being diagnosed in so depressed about all this could pregnancy have triggered it or made it worse 

I’m awaiting blood work I seriously don’t know what to do anymore I can’t take care of my son and I just want to feel physically and mentally better 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master
6 hours ago, ShanelleXxX said:

Hi u have been experiencing very weird and miserable symptoms I’ve seen multiple drs and I just feel so alone and feel as though drs and even my family won’t take me seriously they try pin it in anxiety or depression cause I recently had a baby but I know for a fact it’s something more then that I’ve had doctors tell me it’s all in my head and I need to get over it and just focus on my baby but how can u do that when I feel this way 

my symptoms are 

* shortness of breath 

* sweats 

* constipation 

*indigestion/heartburn 

*headaches

can anyone tell me if this sounds like celiac and what kind or f symptoms u had before being diagnosed in so depressed about all this could pregnancy have triggered it or made it worse 

I’m awaiting blood work I seriously don’t know what to do anymore I can’t take care of my son and I just want to feel physically and mentally better 

Welcome to the forum!  Congratulations on your new baby.  

I am sorry that you are not well.  The only way to know if you have celiac disease is to get tested.  Here are the blood tests that check for antibodies, but you HAVE to be on a gluten diet.  Do not go gluten free until all testing is done:

Open Original Shared Link

In the meantime, see if giving up dairy helps.  Celiacs are often temporarily lactose intolerant.  Then try adding yogurt, butter and hard cheeses back into your diet (these contain the least amount of lactose).  Try to get rest.   Sleep when baby sleeps.  See if family and friends can pitch in and help with household chores or watching baby while you rest.  

knitty kitty Grand Master
16 hours ago, ShanelleXxX said:

my symptoms are 

* shortness of breath 

* sweats 

* constipation 

*indigestion/heartburn 

*headaches

Congratulations on the new baby!  Sorry you're not feeling well.  

Pregnancy can be very hard on the mother's body, sometimes leaving the mom depleted of certain vitamins and minerals like B12, calcium and iron.  

Here are a couple of articles that explain vitamin deficiencies after pregnancy.    

Did you have any anesthesia recently?  Anesthesia can cause vitamin B12 deficiency.  Clearing the nitrous oxide in anesthesia can deplete vitamin B12 stores.  Do your symptoms match any of the B12 deficiency symptoms?  

I hope your blood work includes vitamin D and B12 levels.  Anxiety and depression are often the first symptoms of deficiencies of these vitamins.  Also keeping a food journal might help pinpoint problematic foods.  The Autoimmune Paleo Protocol diet or the Fasano diet are beneficial.  

Hope this helps.  Keep us posted on your test results.  

Archived