Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lorka150

A Christmas Miracle...

During my celiac, my weight constantly went down. I am 5'8'' and hit a low of 78 lbs. We were all so, so scared, and it got to the point that I couldn't walk anymore.

Anyway, we found out I was eating Bob's carob powder (almost daily I would have a hot carob drink) and that is not from his gluten free facility.

As soon as I had it out of my diet... and clearly out of my system, it seems like things have FINALLY started healing.

I am at 92lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!

I am VERY excited, and they were going to hospitalize me tomorrow, and I might not have to go. I am so excited about this fourteen pounds that I can't even think.

Yay!

Gluten-free, Vegan

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That's AWESOME! You must be feeling so great to be heading in the right direction. I hope you keep feeling better.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

YAAAAYYY!!! I bet you have a very good argument for not going to the hospital. Promise the dr. that if your weight ever goes down just by even one pound, you'll let him know, and keep in contact with his office every day about your weight, maybe you won't have to be admitted. Besides, who ever got healthy on hospital food? :P

gluten-free since Oct 1996

Congratulations!!

I'm glad I read your post. I bought the carob powder and wanted to have it for christmas night. I did notice it didnt have the gluten-free label so I was confused as to why its not made on the gluten-free line. Isnt carob naturally gluten-free? Why would they package it with the non-gluten-free stuff? Anyway, at the last minute I decided not to try it. After reading this it looks like I made the right decision (for once). :)

Rachel

Congratulations!!

I'm glad I read your post. I bought the carob powder and wanted to have it for christmas night. I did notice it didnt have the gluten-free label so I was confused as to why its not made on the gluten-free line. Isnt carob naturally gluten-free? Why would they package it with the non-gluten-free stuff? Anyway, at the last minute I decided not to try it. After reading this it looks like I made the right decision (for once). :)

I'm SO glad you didn't eat it! I've got sick off of the cornmeal, too - unfortunately, I didn't know about all that gluten-free labelling stuff with those products until it was too late.

Gluten-free, Vegan