Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GlutenFreeAl

Traveling To Europe

I went to Barcelona last month and had a wonderful time and didnt have any food problems! Luckily, someone at most restaurants spoke some English and they all understood the meaning of Gluten.

I had taken some pre-packaged gluten-free snacks and was glad to have them because I didnt find the gluten-free snack options to be that interesting.

I did not specifically look for any gluten-free bakeries and am not aware of any?

But, I was plesantly suprised to find gluten-free dining options at the theme park PortAventura - about an hour south of Barcelona.

Have a great time and ENJOY!!!

Theresa

I'm planning a trip to Europe later this year. Not sure where I'm going yet. Airfare is a huge factor, so is speaking the language!

Considering Amsterdam, London, Barcelona, etc.

Anyone have any tips on traveling to a foreign country? I obviously can't bring all of my meals for two weeks!

Help!! :unsure:

I found a great website: http://www.celiachandbook.com . They've got restaurant listings from all over the world. Also, lots in London.

Hi! I travelled to Spain early last year and found there to be a great range of gluten-free produts in the supermarket. The major department store/supermarket chain there - El Corte Ingles - had a "health food" section with gluten-free breads, biscuits, crackers, etc, etc... I even found gluten-free chocolate croissants (which we don't get in Australia)! Sorry, I can't be specific about eating out, however, I found that many of the tapas (which we pretty much lived on) available were suitable... Good luck!

They have chocolate croissants ! I love chocolate croissants and have been depressed about missing out on my next trip to France. Do you think they would have them anywhere ?