Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skurtz

Wheat Allergy

A wheat allergy is a completely different immune response. Its not related to Celiac at all. An allergy cannot turn into Celiac. Celiac Disease is autoimmune . It is possible to have both conditions though. Some Celiacs also have a wheat allergy.

besides blistery rash around the nose son when after eating anything like oatmeal, rootbeer,

anything with wheat he gets patches of bumps (very little ) on both cheeks. & there not itchy

when little they said he had slight wheat allergy tested 5mths ago they said he had no allergies.

I had a wonderful weekend. I tried some new suntan lotion for the sun tan machines, because I need a base tan before I get to jamaica. Well I contacted the company who said there was no wheat or wheat gluten in it. Well, I tried it on my leg, it felt like my flesh was burning off, welts rose on my leg and I quickly had a shower. However, my face swelled up and was burning, I have a killer headache and runny nose, then my stomach started burning and the big D started to come back. I believe along with my wheat allergy which has probably gotten worse since going gluten-free and my Celiac, along with maybe something else chemical.

At first I thought I had the flu but the doctor said it was a very violent allergic reaction and it more than likely had wheat in it somewhere. I read every label and still it happens.

Guest nini

my daughter has both Celiac and a wheat allergy. She breaks out into hives if she even touches anything with wheat.

I dont have a wheat allergy but sometimes my skin is affected from gluten. I've gotten rashes or tiny bumps on my face....they dont itch. I dont have DH.

I dont think they're blisters. They're very tiny clear bumps but they dont pop or oooze or anything. They just go away on their own. My skin will sometimes burn slightly before they show up. They're so small though...nothing even very noticeable.

besides blistery rash around the nose son when after eating anything like oatmeal, rootbeer,

anything with wheat he gets patches of bumps (very little ) on both cheeks. & there not itchy

when little they said he had slight wheat allergy tested 5mths ago they said he had no allergies.

I get a rash and/or hives from gluten. They look a lot like chicken pox, but they can blend together to form a rash. Sometimes they are itchy and somethimes they aren't. I'm not sure if the reaction is due to celiac disease or my wheat allergy. The spots don't look like dh, so I'm assuming they are a result of my wheat allergy.