Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lemonade

Feeling Worse

I have been gluten-free for about 10 days now and alhtough my stomach symptoms are less, my fatigue is horrible and getting worse by the day. Have you exerience this before? Is this normal when starting out the gluten-free diet?

HELP

Lemonade :o:huh:

I have been gluten-free for about 10 days now and alhtough my stomach symptoms are less, my fatigue is horrible and getting worse by the day. Have you exerience this before? Is this normal when starting out the gluten-free diet?

HELP

Lemonade :o:huh:

Well, I've been gluten free (I think) for about 4 months now and when I started I felt awful. Tired, sick, just like crap. Then it got better. Then I think I was glutened by some stuff in my kitchen like strainers, tupperware, etc. and I changed everything now I feel like crap again, but my stomach is getting better.

Maybe your body does like a detox when it is really gluten free and that makes you feel like crap.

I don't know the answer but I know how you feel.

Diana

Well, I've been gluten free (I think) for about 4 months now and when I started I felt awful. Tired, sick, just like crap. Then it got better. Then I think I was glutened by some stuff in my kitchen like strainers, tupperware, etc. and I changed everything now I feel like crap again, but my stomach is getting better.

Maybe your body does like a detox when it is really gluten free and that makes you feel like crap.

I don't know the answer but I know how you feel.

Diana

thanks for the relpy, i feel like utter crap :(

make sure you're getting enough food - and high quality food, not just highly processed rice based carbs out of lots of gluten-free substitutes. and plenty of rest. you're body is in overdrive trying to repair itself right now, and is going to use its energy for itself.

I would suggest that you go to the dr.office and get a full blood work up. I was deficient in lots of things, including B-12 and folic acid. It does not cost alot and it is a base line test to show improvement in the future.

Hi,

Just an fyi...you're going through a withdrawal period. It usually takes 3 to 6 weeks before you even start to feel better, unless you're sensitive to all grains (including white potatoes). If that's the case, you will just feel worse as you ingest other gluten-free flours/grains in place of the wheat, etc. My 2 grandchildren and I are unable to eat any grains without a reaction of some kind (bone, muscle, joint pain, colitis, depression, whining, foul bowl movements, an so on). It was a nightmare when they were infants and daycare is a special challenge.

Good luck. Karen