Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kempy99

Gluten-free Diapers And Wipes

After discovering that paper towels and toilet paper could possibly contain gluten, is it also possible for baby wipes and diapers to contain gluten? If so, does anyone know of any brand that is gluten-free? I'm off to check the websites right now, but I don't even know what ingredients to look for in non-food products. I'm still learning how to read food labels :blink:

Thanks in advance for any help/insight on this!

Rebecca

The ones I have are just the generic "newborn wipes" from Walgreen's. The tub says hypoallergenic and alcohol free, and the ingredient list looks totally safe.

Thanks for the replies and the piece of mind (and reality check :P )! I'm sure I'm not the only one, but being new to this and being scared for the health risks of untreated celiac disease, I will probablly be a little overprotective with my kids until I'm comfortable with my knowledge of the disease and my ability to detect harmful gluten.

Thanks again!!!!

Rebecca

Thanks for the replies and the piece of mind (and reality check :P )! I'm sure I'm not the only one, but being new to this and being scared for the health risks of untreated celiac disease, I will probablly be a little overprotective with my kids until I'm comfortable with my knowledge of the disease and my ability to detect harmful gluten.

Thanks again!!!!

Rebecca

hey, I have asked some really really dumb questions on here before, your question actually made sense and was something that it made sense to be worried about, don't feel bad. I still don't feel bad when I ask crazy celiac questions, you gotta learn somehow, and where else would I ask? :D

I use Target diapers and we don't have a problem with those. Maddie is allergic to wipes so I make my own. I cut up some soft paper towels. I think they are called Viva or something like that. Then we take a few and mix water and baby oil and pour the mixture over the towels. I only make 1-2 days worth at at time because they will get moldy if they sit for too long. They work great and are cheaper than wipes too. :)

You are doing the right thing by asking questions, and reading all the labels that come into your life. My kids were sensitive to a lot of diapers, for reasons other than gluten. The plastic in the waist band and around the legs caused rashes.

Laura