This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Sunday was 1 month ​🤒​

DJFL77I

DJFL77I Experienced

Sunday was exactly a month since I started Gluten free...   still don't feel that great..   still got Brain fog... some pressure behind eyes....   although sometimes it seems bit better... not sure why..  yesterday morning for example it seemed better... this morning not as good......

its  tough feeling off everyday... 🤒

I'm going down to Boca Raton this morning to meet with a Nutritionist..   

https://www.healthgrades.com/providers/christopher-fuzy-ydj7jjz

and I still need to try to start taking some of these daily... 

https://www.amazon.com/Now-Supplements-Vitamin-B-50-Capsules/dp/B0013OSL5S/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=now+b-50&qid=1594130906&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Best-Absorption-Magnesium-Glycinate/dp/B000BD0RT0/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=doctor's+best+high+absorption+magnesium+glycinate+lysinate&qid=1594126321&sprefix=doctor's+best+high+absorption+ma&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Vitamin-B-1-Thiamine-Tablets/dp/B0009P3DRS/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Now+Thiamine+(B-1)&qid=1594724010&sr=8-3

I tried starting a new job a few days ago.. but i just felt too crappy to continue it...

I'm literally going to try to find a job that is the least physically demanding one out there for now...  I've even though about getting a D License for Security work..... so i can just sit around most of the day. 😂

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

Hang in there.  It does get better, but it takes time.  😊

Glad you are seeing a nutritionist!  Sorry about the job.  But take this time to build up a little endurance.  I walked after my diagnosis.  I had no option as I had some new back fractures.  i also had some severe anemia (low hemoglobin) which could have led to heart issues.  I was so bummed that I could not ride my bike or run.  But with time....yes, time, I was back on my bike and running too.  

Edited by cyclinglady
GFinDC Veteran

Hi DFL,

One month is a great start! :)   We all start sometime.  I remember I didn't feel great for the first 6 months (more actually).  But things did improve.  If you can avoid the gluten-free junk foods and such healing will got faster IMHO.

Remember it took time for the damage to occur and it takes time for it to heal.  So learning patience with our bodies is a thing for sure.

Supplements are generally a good thing but not an instant cure-all.  A damaged gut with dysbiosis is not ideal for absorbing nutrients or supplements.  But some absorption is better than none.

I don't suggest any strenuous exercise while you are in the early stages of recovery.  Your body needs energy and nutrients to heal and those can be in short supply right now.

Minerals are important so maybe try a multi-mineral supplement too.  Something like this Swanson product would be good, although anything similar should work.  I can tell you I had symptoms until I took selenium and boron in my supplements.  But we are different so YMMV.

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-albion-chelated-multi-mineral-without-iron-120-caps

Awol cast iron stomach Experienced

Congratulations on the one month! I hope the nutritionist gives you some hints and guidance to help you accomplish your employment goals sooner than later.