Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

I've gone gluten free for two weeks now and I feel great. After a few years of having terrible digestion issues (constant, chronic diarrhea) it only took two days for me to notice it getting better. On that part, it's been great. I'm having normal, bowel movements and I had forgotten what that was like! 
On the other hand, I've noticed my stomach keeps making gurgling noises. It occurs at random times. Has anybody experienced something similar once they've gone FG?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome to the forum!

Just so you know, the average time for celiacs to heal on a gluten-free diet is around two years. Given that it's only been a couple of weeks, it will likely take quite a bit more time for you to recover. 

Some obvious things to watch that could also cause the stomach issues would be too much fiber, or even not enough fiber, so perhaps look at how much fiber you are getting. Other things would be additional food intolerance issues, for example many celiacs can't tolerate cow's milk/dairy, or other foods until their gut heals.

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

1 hour ago, Scott Adams said:

Welcome to the forum!

Just so you know, the average time for celiacs to heal on a gluten-free diet is around two years. Given that it's only been a couple of weeks, it will likely take quite a bit more time for you to recover. 

Some obvious things to watch that could also cause the stomach issues would be too much fiber, or even not enough fiber, so perhaps look at how much fiber you are getting. Other things would be additional food intolerance issues, for example many celiacs can't tolerate cow's milk/dairy, or other foods until their gut heals.

Thank you Scott! I figured it might be something like that. I'll bring it up to my doctor on my next appointment just to get her take on it.

Your reply is very appreciated!