Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jennifer Thurston-Arens

Doctor Doctor

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We took my 5 year old to Dr. Larry Eisenberg in Tarzana. We were very pleased with him. He even called our peds dr and gave him an earful for not handling my son's case well.

He is at (818) 705-8559

Just a heads up. Last we talked, he still supports doing a biopsy even if the blood tests come back positive. The choice is always yours of course.

Good luck!

We took my 5 year old to Dr. Larry Eisenberg in Tarzana. We were very pleased with him. He even called our peds dr and gave him an earful for not handling my son's case well.

He is at (818) 705-8559

Just a heads up. Last we talked, he still supports doing a biopsy even if the blood tests come back positive. The choice is always yours of course.

Good luck!

We went to Dr. Eisenberg and found that he was not very open to new ideas. He also scared my son (10) by discussing worst case scenerios in his presence. We also asked him to do a specific tissue culture for mycobacterium when he did my sons colonoscopy but he forgot. Also, Tarzana Regionals path lab is not that great. We went to Dr. Ament for a second opinion. He is excellent and is open to parents ideas. My son is doing much better and we didn't have to resort to any drugs with side effects. Please be proactive!