Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lollie

Looking For Info.....

Hi all! I posted last week about getting glutened last week on Tuesday. Well I was up the last two nights sicker then I've been in quite some time. I really have no idea why. I always have had gastric problems, all of my life, ulcers, gastritus, IBS, ect..... When I went gluten-free it was a complete turn around in my health. No more meds, no acid reflux. But then just last week with the accidental gluten I really started to feel awful again. I was sick for about 2 days after, and had started to feel better. Then wham!!! It's back again, and even worse then before. And last night was really bad. I didn't get any sleep at all.

The only thing I can think of is CC from eating at Chili's, but I was really careful about what I ordered. I ate the same thing I have eaten there before with no trouble at all: hamburger pattie with cheese, no bun, and the seasonal veggies. That's all I ate yesterday, because by dinner time I was too sick to eat.

If anyone has any suggestions, or similar instances I would love to hear them. I am having a really hard time today.....I want to just eat some bread......but I know I would just feel even worse. I've been gluten-free for 4 months.

Thanks in advance!

Lollie

tests inconclusive, diet conclusive January 2006

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm sorry you feel so awful, I hope you find relief soon.

My stomach has been screwed up lately too, as I'm writing this, my stomach feels like it's trying to eat itself again, and it's not making me real productive at work. My stomach has been messed up ever since a course of antibiotics. Have you taken any new meds or anything lately?

I've started taking probiotics to see if that'll help, maybe that'll help you? Maybe it'll help just to get some food into you, like plain rice or applesauce. It might help to calm things down.

Feel better :) Sorry I couldn't be more help

Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy

We'll all float on, alright

Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

You might try cutting out all dairy until your stomach settles down. Sorry I could not be more help.

"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004

Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat

Morphia Scleroderma

Osteoarthritis

Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid

Essential Tremors

Asthma

Migraines

Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis

PAD Peripheral Artery Disease

Angina and Atrial Fibrillation

Gluten Ataxia

Vitiligo

Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.

Ocular Myastenia Gravis

Thanks ChelsE! I'm going to try something real plain in a minute, maybe applesauce or cottage cheese. Sorry to hear your feeling bad again. I was doing probiotics, then I just stopped, I just forgot about them. They did seem to be helping, though.

I did take some Pepcid AC. I didn't even look into it to see if it was gluten free. If that's it I'm going to scream...... :o

Will let you know.....

Lollie

You might try cutting out all dairy until your stomach settles down. Sorry I could not be more help.

I've been putting that off......I just didn't feel like I could cut out dairy on top of gluten. But if I can't figure out the culprit.....I guess I'll have to give it a try!

Lollie

I just got off the phone with the company that makes my generic version on Pepcid and they said that the generic does contain gluten! <_< Regular brand does not.

Man! That means that the worse I've been feeling, the more med I took, the worse the gluten intake.....

Sometimes I think this is all ridiculous.....

And to top it all off, my mom called, she could tell I didn't feel well. I tried explaining it all to her, but she said I was just going overboard. That the small amount of gluten in a pill couldn't cause me to be sick like I am. She said that it was just my stress level, which I admit has been elevated lately. But I know the difference between stress feeling icky, compared to gluten feeling sick. I sometimes think my mom is just throwing salt in a wound. :(

Anyway- In case anyone has a store brand acid reducer.....call ahead and make sure its gluten free. Lesson of the day: Always call and check!

Lollie

Oh Laura--Sorry your conversation with your mother got you down. We know just how possible it is to be sick from "just the amount in a pill". Actually, even less will do it too :D . Good thing you called and checked--now you will start to feel better for real!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

wow! sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for the info on the store brands of acid reducer. I have Pepcid in the closet and I have taken it for heartburn.. and usually it helps. I am glad to hear that I havent been glutening myself. I do hope you feel better soon!

Tinkerbell

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

I am feeling better. I think sometimes just knowing what did it makes it better. I bought some name brand pepcid today.....so I 'll be prepared next time.

As far as mom, well, I know better then to try and talk to her about this. She trys sometimes, and to a certain point, then she just decides enough. I'm just glad I can come here and tell you guys about it and ya'll understand! It really does mean alot to me!

I'll stop now, getting teary eyed, (I'll blame it on the gluten :D ).

LOL

Lollie