• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

GC1

Celiac Disease, A Hidden Epidemic, By Green & Jones

Rate this topic

Just saw this in the book club we belong to... looks like a possible buy........ has anyone read it, and do you think it's worth buying/the money?

Thanks, GC

For a dining/traveling guide book I highly recommend 'Let's Eat Out!' by Kim Khoeller. She lists ALL the allergens, not just gluten for those of you (and there seem to be many) with more than gluten to worry about. I am learning so much about food and what goes in it at restaurants all over the world. It's too big to take on vacation and lug around but you can jot down notes about whatever type cuisine you'll be having on vacation. She talks about alcohols as well.

Dr. Green's new book is a must read for those who don't have good doctors to follow up with them since he tells you what tests to make your doctor do (vitamins/thyroid etc.) and my copy of Danna Korn's new book came yesterday and I can't put it down. It is fabulous! I think if you order both of those from amazon you'd get free shipping.

My favorites are the ones by Jax Peters Lowell. Against the Grain and the Gluten Free Bible. They helped me with getting over felling down and dealing with family who say "Can't you just have a little?". The Gluten Free Bible is the newest and has a whole lot more info in it and Mrs. Lowell has a good sense of humor.

Well thanks everyone... guess I'll give it a try. Gotta be careful these days, so many people trying to get rich with bogus "anything that sells"... especially these book clubs, they will literally sell anything......... thanks again!

GC

Yeah against the Grain my mom bought when I was diagnosed, a long time ago. It is filled with stuff that is wrong, it was a good reference 15 years ago however. So is the Gluten Free Bible, not so good!