• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Lauren M

Making Tracks For Celiacs!

Rate this topic

http://celiacwalk.kintera.org/faf/search/s...E9&team=1283442

Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to remind you that I'm walking in the International Walk for Celiac Disease in Baltimore this weekend, May 8. IronedOut (Julie) from this forum, is also on my team, Celiac4Life.

For those who aren't familiar with the walk, it raises $ for Dr. Fasano and the University of Maryland Center for Celiac Research. Dr. Fasano is an amazing man (my doctor, he saved my life) and is working hard to find out more about Celiac Disease, and hopefully one day find a cure!

So I'm asking for the support of anyone here who is able, even if it's just a couple bucks. My team website is:

You can donate right there, or feel free to let me know if you prefer to donate in another fashion.

Thanks again, I appreciate everyone's support!!

- Lauren

Thanks! Considering just over a year ago I wasn't even physically able, I feel lucky to participate in the walk this year!

Come on guys, help me out! :P

- Lauren

Lauren and Molly - I know you will both do great in your walks. And thank you for doing this for all of the Celiacs. Hugs

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

I'm doing the Seattle walk (supports GIG) on May 20th. If you're in the area, come out! :-)

Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to remind you that I'm walking in the International Walk for Celiac Disease in Baltimore this weekend, May 8. IronedOut (Julie) from this forum, is also on my team, Celiac4Life.

For those who aren't familiar with the walk, it raises $ for Dr. Fasano and the University of Maryland Center for Celiac Research. Dr. Fasano is an amazing man (my doctor, he saved my life) and is working hard to find out more about Celiac Disease, and hopefully one day find a cure!

So I'm asking for the support of anyone here who is able, even if it's just a couple bucks. My team website is:

You can donate right there, or feel free to let me know if you prefer to donate in another fashion.

Thanks again, I appreciate everyone's support!!

- Lauren

Ok, I did my part!!!

Good luck and have fun out there! B)

This is the last time I will ask, but i only have $100. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was suposed to be in a soccer tournament that weekend, but becasue of the celiac not being diagnosed and them doing a muscle biopsy, i keep tearing my quad, and can't play for another 2-4 years, so i just decided to do the walk, and i really would like donations.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!

~molly

Tiffany, where is your link for your walk donations? I don't want to leave anyone out.

Tiffany, where is your link for your walk donations? I don't want to leave anyone out.

I really do appreciate the thought, but I hate asking people for money, especially people I don't know in real life. If you really want to do something, I'd urge you to make a gift of your time at a local support group if there isn't an event near you! :-)

Tiffany, if I had the energy to donate my time, I would work at a women's shelter. But, since I am unable to even get all my personal things done in the home, the donation is the best I can do. I understand your feelings about the donations, but I donate directly to a Celiac foundation and I just thought this was more personal, as I, in cyberspace, knew the walkers. May you have a great walk. BTW, I was born in Seattle and graduated HS there.

Armetta--I'm kind of in the same boat! I still don't feel comfortable being away from a bathroom for that long. Still have a bit of anxiety about certain things. But, it's getting better--slowly! Molly--I tried to contribute to your walk, too, but when I put your name in the search, I get nothing. Help!!

Patty, Put in Molly for the first name and Duncan Stone for the last and it should work. Good Luck.

I forgot to mention - did you click on Molly's link on the first page?

Tiffany, if I had the energy to donate my time, I would work at a women's shelter. But, since I am unable to even get all my personal things done in the home, the donation is the best I can do. I understand your feelings about the donations, but I donate directly to a Celiac foundation and I just thought this was more personal, as I, in cyberspace, knew the walkers. May you have a great walk. BTW, I was born in Seattle and graduated HS there.

We can't ask for any more! :-)

It's looking like it will be a nice day, my husband will be joining me, and possibly a friend as well.

Hi gang - Lauren and I met up at the Baltimore walk and did our 3 miles for Celiac!! It was a beautiful day - and there were gluten-free treats for all afterwords. It was touching to see 800+ people in the same place that understood the Celiac issue. My one comment to the planners will be that they needed more bathrooms. Too funny to plan an event for 'potty addicts' and not have enough for emergencies. Everyone in line was making sure that the person behind them was having an 'emergency'.

Thanks so much for all of your support; caring donations of kind words to us and dollars to further the research that will help so many in the future!!