• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

lorka150

Has Anyone Just Lost Feeling In Random Body Parts?

Rate this topic

Is that weird? The feeling is 'there', but it's really numb and tingly and has been for about two weeks.

lorka, I had that before I was diagnosed with pernicious anemia. Despite weekly B12 shots and daily B6 and folic acid, it still happens from time to time. I'm not certain that I'm right by ascribing the numbness/loss of feeling to anemia, though. Maybe someone more knowlegeable knows. Scary, isn't it?

yeah, it's really weird. i get weekly bloodwork done so i know everything is normal. i don't really care (like, it isn't hindering anything), i just think it's weird. :D

I had that happen to me once when I was in high school. I tried to pick up a book and dropped it and didn't realize why until I tried to pick it up again and realized that I couldn't feel my thumb... It went from the tip of my thumb to my wrist and lasted for about 8 weeks, I think... I still have no idea what caused it. I just figured I had carpal tunnel or something...

It could something else of course, but that could also just be a tightness somewhere along the line that runs from the front of the shoulder and along the inside of the arm. A tight muscle that blocks a nerve or bloodflow could give you a numb finger.

How does it feel if you stretch your arm out to the side, completely horizontal, and a bit back? You can do this against a door frame for example. Try both palm up and palm down.

Pauliina

Guest nini

if you have any nerve impingement that can cause this numb tingling sensation. If you have a chiropractor that you trust, I would go to them...

if you have any nerve impingement that can cause this numb tingling sensation. If you have a chiropractor that you trust, I would go to them...

I agree with Nini. The Chiro will know what to adjust {its in the neck area} when you tell him/her your index finger is going funny. So you really don't need a x-ray, and I would insist on it. Pick a doctor that's been in practice for awhile. If you have any questions I can ask my DH who is a chiropractor.

gail