• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

jaimek

What Not To Eat

Rate this topic

Hello! My OBGYN told me a couple of things to stay aware from when pregnant. I know that you are not supposed to have caffeine, alchohol (obviously), raw fish, un-pasteurized cheese, and nutri-sweet (not sure about this one)??? Is there anything else that you should avoid when pregnant?

Well, I've never been pregnant (so others will have better answers I'm sure!) but...about 5 of my friends are pregnant right now :) The concensus among them is no lunch meats or soft cheeses either.

Hello! My OBGYN told me a couple of things to stay aware from when pregnant. I know that you are not supposed to have caffeine, alchohol (obviously), raw fish, un-pasteurized cheese, and nutri-sweet (not sure about this one)??? Is there anything else that you should avoid when pregnant?

CONGRATS!!! :D When are you expecting?? You hit some of the stuff you shouldn't have.. Here are a few more...

Aspartame (Splenda is okay), certain fish because of the mercury level (tile fish, tuna, mackerel and one other I don't remember) , you should really only do canned tuna fish once a week because of the mercury levels, NO Motrin (Tylenol is fine), anyththing made with raw egg , soft cheeses (bleu, brie, goat, fresh mozz., etc), rare meat, there's also some OTC meds you shouldn't take during your first trimester--check with your doc. I hope this helps!

I have no idea when I am expecting. Just saw the positive home pregnancy test. I have a doctor's appt. scheduled for the 24th of this month so I will find out for sure then. I can't believe it!!!! I am trying not to get my hopes up just in case the pregnancy test was wrong for some reason. :D

Any one know why no soft cheese when your preg?

Not that I am, just wonder though

L <_<

Soft cheeses can contain bacteria that wouldn't be harmful to us, but can be harmful to a developing fetus.