• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

:huh: I don't really understand my body. I have been careful with the gluten-free diet, and I really do not think that I have been glutened but, I've had diarrea the last 2 days and for a week before the diarrea started I had loose stool (it was like between normal and diarrea disgusting I know, I apologize... ). My stomach feels upset and I feel like I need to just hunch over and hold it. I get bloated when I eat and I just do not understand!! What am I doing wrong? Or what possible could be going on in my tiny little tummy :unsure: !? Help!

How can I get rid of the diarrea? It's very mild, but I still want it out of here!

That sucks. I'm sure you've read this before, and it doesn't sound like your problem, but are you sure you aren't having a reaction to another food? Is there anything new you've added into your diet? Also, does it seem to be the same type of D as you usually get when you're glutened, are you having any other symptoms? And there's always the possiblity that you've actually got the flu. If you're not better in a day or two, maybe visit the doctor....

Other than that, I've never tried it, but I've heard Immodium AD works. Just make sure to stay hyrdrated.

That sucks. I'm sure you've read this before, and it doesn't sound like your problem, but are you sure you aren't having a reaction to another food? Is there anything new you've added into your diet? Also, does it seem to be the same type of D as you usually get when you're glutened, are you having any other symptoms? And there's always the possiblity that you've actually got the flu. If you're not better in a day or two, maybe visit the doctor....

Other than that, I've never tried it, but I've heard Immodium AD works. Just make sure to stay hyrdrated.

Thanks for replying.

This is going to sound really weird, but I don't react the same way a lot of Celiacs do to being glutened. I usually get a headache and a little nauseated- usually not diarrea... So, this is kind of new to me. And, I have thought maybe something else could be making me ill, but what? I already feel like I barely eat!!! Also, I am under an amazing amount of stress and I kind of figured that perhaps that just had something to do with it as well. Like I said, it's not that bad I just hate inconveinces ( :rolleyes: obviously, who doesn't). But, thanks for caring!

Might be stress or other allergens - might even be a bug that you're trying to fight off....whenever my stomach was upset, my mom put me on the "BRAT" diet......really bland, to help your tummy settle --- B = Bananas; R = Rice (plain); A = Applesauce; T = Toast (plain) I think it's supposed to go in that order, too. Try bananas, then rice, etc.

Good luck!

Try adding intestinal flora to your diet. These are acidolpholus, bufidus, and lactobillis. You may just need to reintroduce the good bacteria to your system. Celiac and digestive problems strip us of these.

I'd suggest giving up dairy for a week if you haven't already and see if that might be it. I've also heard caffein could upset your stomach if you are a celiac. I have used Imodium AD before I was diagnosed, but haven't used it since b/c I"m not sure if it is safe - anyone have any suggestions on that (Imodium, Pepto, etc ok to use?)?

Try adding intestinal flora to your diet. These are acidolpholus, bufidus, and lactobillis. You may just need to reintroduce the good bacteria to your system. Celiac and digestive problems strip us of these.

Stupid me... I don't know what these things are... Or where to find them....

Also, I still have very mild D (like I only go once a day) and I found that my vitamins and fiber supplements were not gluten-free, so I am sure that has something to do with it. I've never gotten D from being glutenend- so I am not sure how long this is going to last...I wish it would go away, so I don't feel so fatigued.

I'd suggest giving up dairy for a week if you haven't already and see if that might be it. I've also heard caffein could upset your stomach if you are a celiac. I have used Imodium AD before I was diagnosed, but haven't used it since b/c I"m not sure if it is safe - anyone have any suggestions on that (Imodium, Pepto, etc ok to use?)?

Tried the dairy thing... and I still have D. I don't have caffeine- so that wouldn't be it. Hmm... this really bites.

I'd wait before removing else from your diet, it could very well be from the supplements if they weren't gluten free. It's not unusual for symptoms to change after you've been gluten free for a while, btw.

Pauliina

I feel so gross talking about poo... <_< sorry guys.

I'm guessing it is normal for you side abdominal muscles to be a little sore when you are going to the bathroom. (I was thinking because the D hasn't completely gone away that it is making my body hurt). I freak out about everything...

:huh: I don't understand!! I went this morning and it started out normal (a little pain in my sides), but then it ended in D. Why!!!! UGH! Just go away!

I don't know if you will see this since it was awaile ago but..... You can find acidolfolis, bifidus, and lactobilius at any health store. You can even get it at walmart or target thought the quality will not be as good. These bacteria are naturally produced by our bodies in our intestines. Search the web for more answers, you can find out about anything there.

Im not sure why your having D. Ive been off gluten for 3 weeks and i was doing okay for a while and then started getting D again. It is super annoying isnt it!! I cant seem to find anything that is hidding gluten. im on zoloft and yasmin, but i found a website that said they were both safe, (are they??). i had to stop taking my iron supplement and am too scared to take a multivitamin. any suggestions?? anyway, i have tried to stop eating lactose because since my diagnoses i have been eating way more diary. i guess maybe my body cant handle it. i have been off it for a day and i still have the D, but at least i dont have to run to the bathroom 4-5 times a day (today was only twice), sorry i know thats TMI. anywho, i would look at what your eating and look for anything that you are eating more of, maybe your system just cant handle it. i hope it helps.