This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Lanigan's Gi Appt.

andersonfam06

andersonfam06 Apprentice

So, yesterday was our appointment with the Ped. GI doc. He seems very competent, knowledgable. Lanigan is in the 1st percentile. So far, his doc has said very little, but we are having a biopsy and both an upper and lower GI done on Friday. Mommy is scared. I am so afraid of them putting my little one under anesthesia. He is going to run the majority of the labs then as well, drawing the blood while he is already asleep. The only numbers I have seen so far are the results from the finger pokes to determine whether he was anemic and what his sugars were. He is anemic(big suprise) but he said he'd rerun that test with actually lab draw as it is more accurate. His sugars were also really high(279!!) so we are going to be watching those further. He didn't want to discuss what he thought "could be or couldn't be" till after the results cause he didn't want me to worry about something it isn't. And since he wouldn't have me do anything differently til after we have results anyway. We did talk about trying to start my milk flow back up, or being put on a prescription formula... ? Anyway, I guess, and hope that I will know more Friday. Oh, but he did write orders for me to be tested for celiac again...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

That's great news that they are getting him in so soon and that they are going to test you again. Keep us posted. Everything will be fine, but I'd be nervous too. :P

Nic Collaborator

It sounds like you are on the right track and please don't worry about having him put under. My oldest son is a Celiac and he was put under 3 times last year while going through the testing and handled it fine. My youngest son was also put under 2 times for ear tubes and adnoids and I actually got to go in with him until he was asleep. The first time was very easy because he happened to fall asleep on the way it :P . The second time was easy as well, he was out in seconds. Good luck on Friday.

andersonfam06 Apprentice

thanks for the encouragement. it's nice to hear from people who've had to go through the same or similar things with their babies.

they aren't going to let me go back with him... but, i know we will all be okay...

Archived