Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emcmaster

Glutened After Husband Making Bread?

My husband loves fresh baked (gluten-containing) bread from his breadmaker. Because I'm incredibly paranoid about CC, I make him take the loaf pan and the sealed container of flour out on the porch to empty the flour into the loaf pan. He then seals the flour container up and carefully carries the loaf pan (now containing flour and without a lid) inside and puts it in the breadmaker, shuts the breadmaker lid and turns it on.

The last 2 times he's made bread, I've ended up feeling like I've been glutened even though he's been incredibly careful and there is no flour remnants in the kitchen after he's done.

Could little bits of flour dust be seeping out of the closed breadmaker or out of the loaf pan when he's walking from the porch to the kitchen?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to figure out if I'm being glutened by this or if I've developed other intolerances...

Thanks!!! :)

ELIZABETH

gluten-free (04.17.2006)

corn-free (03.27.2007)

xanthan gum-free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would say it is possible that it is the flour, have you checked out the other thread that is talking about this too?

A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.