This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Sort Of Strange Gluten Responce From Company, Should I Try This

rlemmon

rlemmon Apprentice

This is a reponce from violet packing, They make sauces for resturants. One of them is a delicious pizza sauce called don pepino they used to use it at a pizza place i went to. after reading this statment from them would you eat it ig you were me ?

It is the policy of Don Pepino Company to obtain our raw materials (tomatoes, salt, corn oil, and spices) from approved sources. It is possible that in the growing, processing, and handling of these items, they may have been exposed to conditions that introduced gluten-containing material into them. While this is very unlikely even with the best Good Manufacturing Practices, we cannot say with absolute certainty that our products contain no gluten. As you can see from our ingredient list (available at our website) there is no ingredient by itself that would contain gluten.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

I would, that's a cya statement. It sounds like they clearly label.

chrissy Collaborator

i'd feel safe giving it to my kids.

elonwy Enthusiast

Am I the only person that thinks that these kind of responses have been on the rise since the McDonalds Fiasco, or am I just opening up a can of worms? :P

I'd eat it, BTW.

Elonwy

gf4life Enthusiast
Am I the only person that thinks that these kind of responses have been on the rise since the McDonalds Fiasco, or am I just opening up a can of worms? :P

I'd eat it, BTW.

Elonwy

I don't think it has anything to do with the McD's situation, but it most likely has to do with the new labeling law. I think it is pretty lousy, but it is just something we have to deal with.

And I would also be okay with eating the sauce and feeding it to my daughter.

(My boys won't touch any kind of sauce with a ten foot pole! They don't even like to sit next to someone eating sauce! They won't touch any kind ofcheese either, unless it is gluten-free cheesecake! "It isn't like it is real cheese."-Ben :P )

Guhlia Rising Star

I agree that these responses are on the rise, but... Let me clarify that... I think the majority of the "new" CYA statements are coming from companies that pretty much just ignored us before or didn't understand how serious the issues were. I think the whole McDonalds thing may have been a God send for us. It really brought things into the public eye. I know that I had several e-mails from friends telling me that there was now gluten in the fries. These people had never even heard about gluten before I was diagnosed. Anyway, I'm rambling, my point is that I'd rather have a company give me a CYA statement than I would have them tell me it's safe when they really have no clue.

BTW, I'd also eat it.

rlemmon Apprentice

Thanks guys :D I will pick some up when i get to sams club.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

snapple Apprentice

I have eaten it and didn't have a problem. Yummy!

Kate

Archived