This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Think Ds Got Glutened...first Time...anything I Can Give Him?

wolfie

wolfie Enthusiast

He has been complaining of a stomachache for the past day. He hasn't had one at all since going gluten-free up until yesterday. He did have ice cream out (Graeter's) and DD threw Fruit Loops at him (she is 4) and 1 got in his mouth, so there are a couple of things that could have done it. Is there anything that he can take to help him feel better? He is complaining of a crampy type stomachache. He is 10 years old.

TIA!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hez Enthusiast

I wish I knew of a mircle cure after being glutened. I try and get lots of rest, drink water and eat bland comfort foods.

Sorry,

Hez

queenofhearts Explorer

A heating pad might provide some comfort. And I second the water suggestion. Maybe Pepto-Bismol if that has helped him before?

Leah

wolfie Enthusiast

Thanks guys!!! I have never tried Pepto, but maybe I will give it a try. He is drinking lots of water. He was feeling better earlier today and then had some applesauce for lunch, along with some gluten-free mac & cheese. Now he says it hurts again. I am going to eliminate the applesauce for a few days (he normally eats a ton of it) and see if that is it. If not, it may be the dairy. :( He hasn't seem to have had a problem with dairy in the past, even the past few weeks he has eaten and drank tons and has been fine, so I think that is unlikely. Maybe it is just that he was glutened. I just thought it was odd that he was feeling better and then is now worse again after eating bland stuff.

I will give the heating pad a try, too!

penguin Community Regular

I find that when I get glutened, I react to EVERYTHING for a few days, regardless of how I normally tolerate it. Especially other starches, but it goes away. Hope he feels better :)

hez Enthusiast

I agree, after I am glutened no matter what I eat it goes through me :angry:

Hez

gfp Enthusiast

I'm all for hugs :D

However also respect his space, some of us get a bit funny about being touched or too much attention when glutened.

My fav comfort food is homemade chicken soup with cabbage, leek and celery gradually getting thicker over 3 days.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Sarah8793 Enthusiast

Sorry to hear he isn't feeling well. Maybe since he is young he will recover faster than we do. I don't know if this applies to gluten, but hopefully. :)

Sarah

Guest nini

my daughter is six and when she gets accidentally glutened, pepto bismol chewables and liquid benedryl are our friends. (the benedry is for the hives she gets from head to toe). also, I make her sip on room temperature water, not cold water as it can aggravate cramping, and stick with very bland foods or no food if she's not interested in food at all. She seems to really like EnerG's gluten-free crackers when she's been glutened.

flagbabyds Collaborator

I always react to dairy when I am glutened so I would stay away from that, BRAT---banannas, rice, applesauce, adn gluten-free toast or gluten-free crackers of the same sort, just very bland food that wont aggrivate the tummy anymore than it already is now. I tak prescription fennergen which is anti-nausea, but that is only because i get SUCH a violent reaction that I am throwing up until i need to go to the ER, so the prescp. stops that.

hope he feels better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived