This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Going To Seattle

VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Well,

The gluten-free and I have officially planned the trip. I am looking forward to seeing the Space Needle, Peugot Sound, Pikes Fish Market and hiking in Snoqualmmie Falls.

I have heard that a lady has reopened a new gluten-free restaurant in Seattle called DaVinci's, so I will likley go there for a couple of meals.

Any other recommendations?

What about hotel recommendations? I am supposed to get the lodging taken care of by Friday...

Let me know

Bronco

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

There used tobe a diner called Kalli's kitchen I think.When I was there last summer I called her and she about bit my head off !!! I heard she moved but I don't know if she changed her name. I do know that Lisa Shaw is in Woodinville, Wa. and she has the best pancake mix . Her company is online and she has alot of mixes . Mona's mixes. ANd she is a great friendly person. You could e-mail her to get alot of info....

Loved the market with the flying fish....It gets really crowded , we were there on a Sunday morning by noon it was like 30,000 people ! I like people but I felt like I was smothering.....................................

hope you have a great trip, weren't you in Denver just a while back?????????? All I can say it must be nice to travel alot..... I'm jealous....

Last summer was our big trip for the summer to the Yukon & all of ALaska except the inside passage..... GOing back in 2009 for longer. I'll suggest everyone should do that at least once in their life.........

mamaw

mouse Enthusiast

I assume Lynne and I are still meeting you for dinner on the 24th?

It is called Puget Sound. When you go to Pike Street, get a cooked crab and then go to one of the old bars that are below the market. Then just sit and feast on the crab. I assume the bars are still there. Ask at the market as they should know. As far as the Space Needle, do not go when it is windy unless swaying does not bother you. I was an elevator operator on the Space Needle during the Seattle World's Fair - boy am I old - he he.

I don't have any dining recommendations as I have not been back since my diagnosis.

Armetta

tarnalberry Community Regular

Kali's Kitchen (I too have had experience with the owner being somewhat... interesting), Flying Apron Bakery (and their stuff is available at the Elliot Bookstore as well), and the Sunlight Cafe all pop to mind first. Search the site for the other relatively recent Seattle thread for a few more hits, besides the normal PF Changs, Z'Tehas, and Outback. There's a Maggiano's in Bellevue that I think has gluten-free stuff.

And let me know if you want any info on any other hikes. Snoqualmie Falls is ok... but it's over-rated, touristy, a short trip, and ... eh. I could have found better places to go on that day. :)

Guest Mtndog

Hey- I'm here right now (or I guess there if you're outside Seattle) and so far, a week into my trip and it has been relatively FLAWLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The weather has been GORGEOUS!!!! Stocked up at Whole Foods on east foods (and Jamba Juice smoothies- yum!). Ate at Vern's (?) on Orcas- not very gluten free friendly so I just had mussels and was OK. We rented a cottage at the Deer harbor Inn- beautiful!!!!!!!

Just spent three days in Vancouver. Vancouver is gluten-free HEAVEN. I found a list of gluten-free friendly places at Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link

Looking forward to checking out more of the places in Seattle. Will definitely find Flying Apron Bakery!!! I'll let you know if I find any other gems. Broncobux- did you find a place to stay? I found a really good deal to Vancouver on Hotwire so you might want to try them. We're leaving on the 23rd- it would have been cool to meet you and you gluten-free here! But you'll love it!

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Thanks for the advice guys...

Apparently, the people who used to own Kaili's Kitchen now own Da Vinci's and it is 100% gluten free.

I would love to go to Vancouver very soon. My mother was recently there and fell in love with the city.

Tiff, my gluten-free and I are not the most expereinced hikers/climbers, so I probably need something easy! :)

MTN, thanks for the advice as well -- I plan on just going to Pikes and Da Vinci's while I am there...Keep it safe and delicious!

Bronco

Guest Mtndog

I ate at the Bonefish Grill tonight (down by lake union). It's owned by the same co. as the Outback and has a gluten free menu. It was EXCELLENT!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest Mtndog

Just wanted to add that I hit DaVinci's today and it was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had banana rosemary something coffee cake, a ham, egg and cheese b-fast sandwich (hubby even liked all this) and picked up some potatoes au gratin, hamburger buns, choc chip cookies, a turkey panini, and some kind of lavendar ganache cake for later. Just ate the turkey panini- YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a decaf iced Manet (lavender and ganache iced latte). Hubby had a Shakespeare latte- this woman can make coffee drinks!

Kaili (pronounced Kiley) is quite a hot ticket too. I can totally see her chewing someone out on the phone as she doesn't want to be known for good gluten-free food- just good food that happens to be gluten-free. And it's damn good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
lurven71 Newbie

Hi,

I was just back visiting my home town, Seattle, and I had a great dining experience at the Pink Door on Post Alley in the Pike Place market.

Our waitress was very well informed about celiac disease and helped me find what I could eat on the menu AND the chef came out and talked to me. He also seemed to know what he was talking about. It was great!

I have been living in Poland for the last two years where I can't eat out at all, so this was a special treat.

The Pink Door has always been one of my favorite places, so I am glad I can still go there!

Archived