This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Have A Few Questions.

BAF716

BAF716 Newbie

Hello Im quite new to all this Gluten Free stuff. My boyfriends been diagnosed & I do all the looking so its up to me basicly. If you can help or have info I'd really appreciate it, thanks

PS: I love this board I read it daily and its helped me so much. You are all so wonderful

1) I went to the Heinz web site & it says there EZ Marinade only the Mr.Yoshidas Teriyaki is Gluten Free so I bought it but when I read the ingredients it has soy sauce so how could it be?

2) Is Whey ok?

3) Does anyone know of any Lipton Rice Side dishes that are gluten-free?

4) Heres a list of some foods does anyone know about any of these?

Kraft BBQ Sauce, Open Pit BBQ Sauce, Lipton Onion Soup Mix, Fleischmanns Marg, Boston Market Frozen Entrees, Any Frozen Veggies or Potatoes, Simply Potatoes, Nestle Crunch over Vanilla Ice Cream Bars, Klondike Bars, Quakes Quakes

5) How important is it to make sure your shampoos & soap are gluten-free?

He's now using Colgate or Crest toothpaste which I think are ok. He's using St.Ives body Wash or Softsoap Body wash for men, Suave shampoo for men, VO5 shampoo, Edge Shave gel and Right Guard Extreme deod. Do Deodorants matter?

Oh I'd appreciate any help. Anything to make my life earier. This is a pain in the you know what but it seems to be helping! :rolleyes:

BAF716@AOL.com or BAF716@hotmail.com

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AmyandSabastian Explorer

Well I know the first 2. Some soy sauce is safe not all, but some are. And whey is part of milk so I believe its safe. I would love to know about the lipton though. Good question.

lovegrov Collaborator

1) I went to the Heinz web site & it says there EZ Marinade only the Mr.Yoshidas Teriyaki is Gluten Free so I bought it but when I read the ingredients it has soy sauce so how could it be?

Not all soy sauces have wheat. LaChoy, Kroger, San J wheat free tamari and Angustura (sp??) are all gluten-free. Apparently the soy sauce is this profuctis, too.

2) Is Whey ok?

Whey is gluten-free.

3) Does anyone know of any Lipton Rice Side dishes that are gluten-free?

Lipton is one of the companies that says it will clearly list at least wheat (not sure about all gluten) in the ingredients.

Kraft BBQ Sauce, Open Pit BBQ Sauce, Lipton Onion Soup Mix, Fleischmanns Marg, Boston Market Frozen Entrees, Any Frozen Veggies or Potatoes, Simply Potatoes, Nestle Crunch over Vanilla Ice Cream Bars, Klondike Bars, Quakes Quakes

Kraft is a company that will clearly list any wheat, rye or barley. All you have to do is read the ingredients. The onion soup mix was gluten-free last time I checked, but read the ingredients. Fleischman's is gluten-free. All frozen veggies I've ever checked on (no sauce) have been gluten-free. Klondike also clearly lists any gluten. The regular bars are gluten-free but be careful of any with crunchy pieces.

Nestle Crunch candy bars are NOT gluten-free because of malt flavor in the crispies. I suspect the ice cream bars will be the same. This is the same reason we cannot eat Rice Krispies, Chex, and other cereals that would otherwise seem to be gluten-free.

5) How important is it to make sure your shampoos & soap are gluten-free?

He's now using Colgate or Crest toothpaste which I think are ok. He's using St.Ives body Wash or Softsoap Body wash for men, Suave shampoo for men, VO5 shampoo, Edge Shave gel and Right Guard Extreme deod. Do Deodorants matter?

Colgate, Crest, and Suave are gluten-free. I wouldn't worry about deodorant. The danger with topicals stuff is accidentally getting it in your mouth.

Here is a list of some companies that will clearly list all gluten or at least wheat. This is not comprehensive -- there are other companies that do the same. You also need to start calling companies to ask about specific products.

Balance

Baskin Robbins

Ben & Jerry

Betty Crocker

Blue Bunny

Butterball *lists wheat only

Breyers

Campbells

Cascadian Farms

Celestial Seasonings

ConAgra *lists wheat only

Country Crock

Edy's

General Mills

Good Humor

Green Giant

Hellman's

Hershey

Hormel

Hungry Jack

Kozy Shack

Kraft

Martha White

McCormick

Nabisco

Nestle

Old El Paso

Ortega

Pillsbury

Popsicle

Progresso

Russell Stover

Sunny Delight

T Marzetti

Tyson

Unilever

Wishbone

Yoplait

Zatarain's

richard

• 1 year later...
kevsmom Contributor

I contacted Simply Potatoes and this is their response:

Thanks for your e-mail. All of our Simply Potatoes products are gluten free except the Southwestern Style Hash Browns. Thanks again for your e-mail. Please let me know if you have any other questions, concerns and/or comments.

Thanks

Michael Foods, Inc.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:32 AM

To: Holmes, Latresa U.

Subject: FW: Michael Foods General Website Inquiry

Rusla Enthusiast

Kraft Chicken and ribs BBQ sauce contains bran. Kraft is very good about listing their ingredients.

Felidae Enthusiast

I use Fleischmanns lactose free and salt free margarine everyday. This is a ConAgra product and they will label common allergens such as wheat.

Archived