This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fourty Something Women

Guest Floridian

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Just put her on your IGNORE list and you won't have to look at it :P

Yes, I have every one of you on my IGNORE list, and am just having a fine time here all by myself!!!

:P:lol::P:lol::P

And BTW - - what is WITH everyone lately - - all these overly serious people? we should banish them to the 40-something and Silly Yak threads - - they can go back to posting everywhere else when they get a sense of humour....

OOPS - I feel safe putting that here as I feel they would never venture into our lunacy :ph34r::lol: but what if someone read it.......... :o

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient
I went straight to the dessert...it'd be impossible for me to eat a steak too....my stomach doesn't work that way.

Sounds to me like you made the right choice :D

Good to see you again, Morgan!

OOPS - I feel safe putting that here as I feel they would never venture into our lunacy :ph34r::lol: but what if someone read it.......... :o

Well, too gosh darn bad for them!! :angry:

Oh, while all of the "hair" ladies are here--I have cancelled my appt to have my hair straightened tomorrow. I'm nervous about the chemicals and am coming down with a cold. :unsure:

CarlaB Enthusiast
And BTW - - what is WITH everyone lately - - all these overly serious people? we should banish them to the 40-something and Silly Yak threads - - they can go back to posting everywhere else when they get a sense of humour....

Yea, weird, huh? I think we should just ignore them from now on ... not using the ignore feature, but I personally think that we should be avoiding this conflict ... everyone comes from different places and different backgrounds ... Let them throw their tantrums without an audience ... don't want to lose more Vincents!

Oh, while all of the "hair" ladies are here--I have cancelled my appt to have my hair straightened tomorrow. I'm nervous about the chemicals and am coming down with a cold. :unsure:

That's probably a good idea. Hope you feel better soon!

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks! I'm a firm believer in all things happen for a reason :D I've not had a cold since I've been diagnosed--and I've been worried about my hair that has grown back in so nicely. I can always revisit this later on....

CarlaB Enthusiast
Thanks! I'm a firm believer in all things happen for a reason :D I've not had a cold since I've been diagnosed--and I've been worried about my hair that has grown back in so nicely. I can always revisit this later on....

Tonight I'm putting up an avatar of me with straight hair ... I don't do it often, but I do have a ceramic straightener that I use once in a while. Adam took a few pics of me. So, if you don't get it straightened, you can have your choice on how you wear it!

Morgan just called, she pointed out how much alike we look in our avatars ... must be the hair. :lol:B)

jerseyangel Proficient

Well, you two definately look like mother and daughter!

Can't wait to see the new picture. I'll have to flatiron mine and have Mark take some pictures for a new avatar. I know what you mean--I kind of hate to lose the curls. Maybe I'm just nuts :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Patti - a cold - - that must be weird now, isn't it? I used to get massive sore throats about every 3 - 4 months - haven't had a sniffle in almost 9 mos gluten-free....I will be shocked to see the first cold, as you are! I always tell everyone, I"ll never get sick again :ph34r: probably should not say that....but had some MASSIVE illnesses in the last six years in Monterey, Mom had to come take care of me minimum five days on three different occasions....and I see now that it was a compromised immune system.

Yea, weird, huh? I think we should just ignore them from now on ... not using the ignore feature, but I personally think that we should be avoiding this conflict ... everyone comes from different places and different backgrounds ... Let them throw their tantrums without an audience ... don't want to lose more Vincents!

a very good idea....they can all hash it out themselves. :)

Tonight I'm putting up an avatar of me with straight hair ... I don't do it often, but I do have a ceramic straightener that I use once in a while. Adam took a few pics of me. So, if you don't get it straightened, you can have your choice on how you wear it!

....and we wait with baited breath! :rolleyes:

Just did many hours of strenuous yard work....whole body hurts....need some NUGGETS, where are they? ;) New favorite binge food - - no tummy ache with this one - - Trader Joe's rice pudding - OMG can no longer eat half the container in one sitting, I eat teh whole thing.... :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
Well, you two definately look like mother and daughter!

Can't wait to see the new picture. I'll have to flatiron mine and have Mark take some pictures for a new avatar. I know what you mean--I kind of hate to lose the curls. Maybe I'm just nuts :lol:

Do you have a ceramic flat-iron? I had a metal one, but I like the results much better with a ceramic one. I also let my hair air dry one day, style it, spray it, and everything, then I iron it the next day, or sometimes two days after. I never do it the day I wash it ... don't get as good of results. Seems to work better on dirty hair.

jerseyangel Proficient
Do you have a ceramic flat-iron? I had a metal one, but I like the results much better with a ceramic one. I also let my hair air dry one day, style it, spray it, and everything, then I iron it the next day, or sometimes two days after. I never do it the day I wash it ... don't get as good of results. Seems to work better on dirty hair.

Yep, I have a ceramic one--the metal one I had was not nearly as good. This one heats up in about a minute, and only takes one pass thru the hair.

Susan--So true about not getting sick...I can't tell you how many times I said here that I haven't been sick at all since the dx--well, probably shouldn't have opened my mouth :D

mouse Enthusiast

Talking about hair. I finally got the nerve this morning to try spiking it myself. It was cut last Thursday for me to spike it, but I was afraid to try it. Will for my first try, it was not too bad. Will keep doing it until I perfect it. So, I definately looked like my ostrich/hamster avatar today.

Saw the GP today and he changed my Synthroid to Armour. I have to call tomorrow and get an appt. for a colonoscopie and I hate those. Have to fast tonight for several blood tests tomorrow. one (no fasting) is to check my gluten, because of the neuro problems I am having. I hope I have not become complacient and am letting gluten into my diet. We will know in two weeks.

So, EVERYONE keep up those wonderful short jokes as I have not laughed this hard in weeks.

And I agree about everyone getting along. I don't know why we can't have different opinions, religions, lifestyles, whatever and just accept those things. We are here to help with a common condition that we all have - the gluten free lifestyle. I am ignoring those postings also. Let them at it. HUMOR is much more necessary in our lives. Sorry to inject seriousness in such a fun thread. LETS NOW PARTY :lol::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sorry, no new avatar tonight ... Adam forgot to bring the wire to attach the camera to my computer. He won't forget tomorrow night ... trust me. ;)

Mtndog Collaborator

drive by: The sweet friend in my new pic is Merrick. He's a mutt that lived with the family that ran the bungalows we stayed at in Costa Rica. He was a mix of German shepherd, yellow lab and an unknown. He was so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to take him home with me.

Tavi- Hope your birthday rocked and you got all the spanking you wanted!

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Thanks and it's a great picture of you and the dog, you should of smuggled him home!

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Yes, I have every one of you on my IGNORE list, and am just having a fine time here all by myself!!!

:P:lol::P:lol::P

DingoGirl = IGNORED :blink:

drive by: The sweet friend in my new pic is Merrick. He's a mutt that lived with the family that ran the bungalows we stayed at in Costa Rica. He was a mix of German shepherd, yellow lab and an unknown. He was so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to take him home with me.

Tavi- Hope your birthday rocked and you got all the spanking you wanted!

Nice pic. You both look so happy, was this right after the bungee-trampoline-athon? :P

Who was talking about maple syrup cotton candy last week? We went to a harvestfest over the weekend, and they had it so we HAD to try it. Oh what sticky sweet goodness! I think the kids are just now settling down from the sugar!

Mtndog Collaborator
Who was talking about maple syrup cotton candy last week? We went to a harvestfest over the weekend, and they had it so we HAD to try it. Oh what sticky sweet goodness! I think the kids are just now settling down from the sugar!

Twas me! OMG so good.......................................

Ignore the Dingo and pay the price! :ph34r::P

Would you really want her to send her dingos after you?

jerseyangel Proficient

Yea--she has Dingos, and she's not afraid to use them :o

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Twas me! OMG so good.......................................

Ignore the Dingo and pay the price! :ph34r::P

Would you really want her to send her dingos after you?

I'm hoping they would scare off the attack geese. D*mned things, I've got feathers everywhere!

My daughted was actually stalked/cornered by a group of ill-manner turkeys yesterday. My wife took the kids to a cider mill that has a "petting" zoo (who pets turkeys? :huh: ). My older daughter was clucking and mimicking the turkeys when one of them had had enough of the name calling :angry: - and went turkey-lurky on her. He chased her, and a couple of his buddies followed along, Olivia ran screaming away and climbed atop a picnic table - surrounded by a bunch of agitated turkeys. Mary had scooped up Maddy and ran towards Olivia "scoot, Scoot" ing them away. ...and I had to be at work and miss all of this :(

...could have used a couple of hungry Dingos :blink:

Canadian Karen Community Regular
I'm hoping they would scare off the attack geese. D*mned things, I've got feathers everywhere!

My daughted was actually stalked/cornered by a group of ill-manner turkeys yesterday. My wife took the kids to a cider mill that has a "petting" zoo (who pets turkeys? :huh: ). My older daughter was clucking and mimicking the turkeys when one of them had had enough of the name calling :angry: - and went turkey-lurky on her. He chased her, and a couple of his buddies followed along, Olivia ran screaming away and climbed atop a picnic table - surrounded by a bunch of agitated turkeys. Mary had scooped up Maddy and ran towards Olivia "scoot, Scoot" ing them away. ...and I had to be at work and miss all of this :(

...could have used a couple of hungry Dingos :blink:

Now that would have been one for America's Funniest Home Videos!!!! :lol:

Reminds me of when Mom and me took the kids to the beach last summer. The seagulls were brutal! I got food for the kids and proceeded to bring the stuff (french fries, drinks, ketchup, etc.) over to the picnic table where the kids were all sitting around. I just put the food in the middle of the table when we were viciously attacked by about 50 seagulls bombarding us and literally knocking the kids off their seats to fight for the food! :o:angry: We barely escaped with our lives! I was fighting the stupid seagulls off trying to get my kids out of the fray! <_<

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Now that would have been one for America's Funniest Home Videos!!!! :lol:

Reminds me of when Mom and me took the kids to the beach last summer. The seagulls were brutal! I got food for the kids and proceeded to bring the stuff (french fries, drinks, ketchup, etc.) over to the picnic table where the kids were all sitting around. I just put the food in the middle of the table when we were viciously attacked by about 50 seagulls bombarding us and literally knocking the kids off their seats to fight for the food! :o:angry: We barely escaped with our lives! I was fighting the stupid seagulls off trying to get my kids out of the fray! <_<

...another vote for Rent-A-Dingo?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
And I agree about everyone getting along. I don't know why we can't have different opinions, religions, lifestyles, whatever and just accept those things. We are here to help with a common condition that we all have - the gluten free lifestyle. I am ignoring those postings also. Let them at it. HUMOR is much more necessary in our lives. Sorry to inject seriousness in such a fun thread. LETS NOW PARTY :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Armetta

SOOOOO cute....I want to kiss him on the head!!! :wub:

DingoGirl = IGNORED :blink:

ha ha ha ha ha ha :lol::P IGNORED....just try and ignore the dingo...... :lol::lol:

and then I"ll say, in the same voice Glenn Close used in Fatal Attraction: "I WILL NOT BE IGNOOOOOOOORED RICHARD!!!" :angry::lol::blink:

Yea--she has Dingos, and she's not afraid to use them :o

nope, not afraid...but currently they are mainly interested in anything involving squirrels (a lifelong passion for each) ;)

...another vote for Rent-A-Dingo?

:lol::lol:

ugh - all-over body ache from strenuous gardening yesterday....would like to be taking muscle relaxants and reclining in traction somewhere......with gorgeous men reading to me and feeding me.... :lol:

TAVI - - how wasyour birthday?

TriticusToxicum Explorer
:ha ha ha ha ha ha :lol::P IGNORED....just try and ignore the dingo...... :lol::lol:

and then I"ll say, in the same voice Glenn Close used in Fatal Attraction: "I WILL NOT BE IGNOOOOOOOORED RICHARD!!!" :angry::lol::blink:

nope, not afraid...but currently they are mainly interested in anything involving squirrels (a lifelong passion for each) ;)

:lol::lol:

ugh - all-over body ache from strenuous gardening yesterday....would like to be taking muscle relaxants and reclining in traction somewhere......with gorgeous men reading to me and feeding me.... :lol:

I can only imagine how BORED I would be if i was silly enough to set my phaser to "IGNORE"...actually I'm just happy I'm not "IGNORED"...does one receive a scarlet "I" for that?

Please don't get all Glenn Close on me :blink: He should have known by her hair that she was nuttier than a fruitcake...

Do the Dingos fancy chipmunks (lite snacks) as well? I had a chipmunk problem earlier in the summer...now the chipmunks have a problem... <_<

Do you ninja-garden or something(or do the weeds pull back?)?

I'm sending somebody over to help you with your reading/feeding. Here's his pic so you know he's legit when he gets there.

http://weht.net/pics/fabio.webp

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi everyone ... I'm looking for an emoticon with braces on ... don't think there is one, but I got mine on this morning. The full-stainless ones, I get my rubber bands next week. Yikes. I feel like a total dork being 43 and wearing braces!

For the seagulls, next time fly a kite and it will keep them away. My family is FROM Florida, and that's what we always did. :D

I'd have loved to have seen the turkey incident!! :lol::lol:

Oh, once we bought all the kids donuts and went to the beach and ate them there. A sea gull swooped down just as Chloe was taking a bite and flew off with her donut. First she was laughing because it was so funny, then she was crying because we had only bought them each ONE donut!! She hates sea gulls to this very day!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Please don't get all Glenn Close on me :blink: He should have known by her hair that she was nuttier than a fruitcake...

oh dear gaaaaaaaaaaawd Richard....between this and the Phhhhhhabio photo, you are killing me!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ninja gardening....hmmm....lots of digging in hardpan clay, and my back is killing me...maybe I DO need Fabio but he looks too much like a sissy man to do the digging - might get a scratch or ruin his manicure :lol:

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Oh, wait you said MEN...

I'll send over a couple of his friends to help.

http://www.steven-seagal.net/photopost/data/502/178aa.webp

http://images.330i.net/gary_busey_chiclets.webp

I hope you feel better :)

Hi everyone ... I'm looking for an emoticon with braces on ... don't think there is one, but I got mine on this morning. The full-stainless ones, I get my rubber bands next week. Yikes. I feel like a total dork being 43 and wearing braces!

At least we aren't picking on you about them (can we see a picture :rolleyes: with a big shiny smile?)...yet :P

CarlaB Enthusiast
Oh, wait you said MEN...

I'll send over a couple of his friends to help.

http://www.steven-seagal.net/photopost/data/502/178aa.webp

http://images.330i.net/gary_busey_chiclets.webp

I hope you feel better :)

At least we aren't picking on you about them (can we see a picture :rolleyes: with a big shiny smile?)...yet :P

When I have a picture, I might put one up for all of you to see ... but I'm not going to leave it up. If only we could pick and choose different avatars for different threads!!

Archived