Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mamato2boys

Enjoy Life Snickerdoodles

I'm new to the gluten-free diet, so I'm not real sure what's good and what's not. I've seen quite a few of you talk about the Enjoy Life line. For some reason in my city the Wild Oats doesn't carry much of a selection of that line, but last night I was able to find the largest selection yet (I had to go to 3 different Wild Oats). This one carried Enjoy Life cookies. I tried the chocolate chip (not so great), but the snickerdoodles were pretty yummy !! :D

Just thought I'd share if anybody else was curious about them.

Ryan 10/13/03 - milk allergy diagnosed at five months after receiving first bottle of milk-based formula, reacted instantly with facial hives/swelling...later diagnosed with egg, cat, dog allergies as well. Also allergic to soy despite allergist denying. Recurrent diarrhea/chronic soft stools undiagnosed until 9/19/06 - GI doctor said recurrent diarrhea not a problem. Tested through EnteroLabs:

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 15 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 10 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 352 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow’s milk) IgA antibody 11 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0503

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

Acute/Chronic Colitis Stool Test

Fecal lactoferrin Negative (Normal - Negative)

Aiden - 7/29/06 No known allergies thus far, but will be raised on gluten-free/CF/soy-free diet since both DH and I carry GS gene.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I actually like all of them but the gingersnap, although my husband liked those.

They have snickerdoodles, chocolate chip, double chocolate brownie, no-oat oatmeal and the gingersnap.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

I always liked the Gingerbread Spice and the Snickerdoodles best :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I always liked the Gingerbread Spice and the Snickerdoodles best :)

Me too! But beware, they go bad really fast if you don't eat them quickly! Mine got really hard in 2 days (after opening the plastic) but I did have them in a sandwich baggie....when I mentioned it to someone at Whole Foods, they said it was because there are no preservatives.

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

The snickerdoodles are good, but the "no-oats" oatmeal are NASTY! I took them to work to share, and people agreed they were something you would eat when you wanted to punish your mouth....

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

I really liked the gingerbread ones too. The snickerdoodles are good, but I didn't much care for the chocolate chip. Have you tried their snack bars?? My kids and I LOVE the carmel apple bars. They are quite tasty!

Jayhawkmom -

Mom of three....

Jay - 11

Bean - 8

Ian - 3

I love the snickerdoodles

they go bad really fast if you don't eat them quickly

Not a problem at my house :D I go through about 4 boxes a week :o

The chocolate chip don't settle well for me (perhaps I'm spoiled by working in a chocolate store?), and the fake oat chip thingys in the other bars feel harsh to me so I tend to avoid them unless there is an emergency (like having already bought out all of the stores snickerdoodles). The gingersnaps are nice too.