Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mtndog

For The Ladies (ish Ishes Ok But Be Warned)

Ugh! I just need to complain. Which I feel like i shouldn't do because I didn't get my period for 6 months and now at least I'm getting it which gives me hope......but along with the good comes the bad.

today was a full body meltdown. Actually, it was pretty close to an out-of-body experience. I woke up early to correct papers (6 am) not a mornig person. At 10 I had to go back to bed for a nap before I left to teach.

But before I could leave I had to spend a half hour on the toilet. I get really bad C before my cycle and then it's like whoosh! Which only made me more tired. And really upset my stomach.

I don't really get cramps, but man, everything is so tender and I am so tired!

Dem hormones is brutal!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I hope you're feeling better soon. Have you tried taking supplements like essential fatty acids, especially omega 3s? I don't mean just when you have your period, but consistently. It would take about two months before you would notice a difference. There are other supplements, like primrose oil that are supposed to help.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Ursula- Just started evening primrose and need to get back on that fish oil!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Bev,

I know what you mean! It sucks. I don't have any good advice for you, but I have also noticed that I often get bad D before my period (not that its that different from most days for me, haha!). That really is great you are getting it again--definitely a sign of hope! I hope that you make it through the day....getting bad D drains the energy. Good luck!

Laura

(a fellow ish ish)

Sorry you're feeling down ... I hate that!! In my NFP teaching days we recommended Oil of Evening Primrose, as has already been mentioned, magnesium (500-1000mg), and B6 (50 mg, but take it as part of a complex, B vitamins work together).

At least your hormones are working!! Six months without ....

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06