This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Didn't Know Where 2 Post This?

Adelle

Adelle Enthusiast

Over the past few days I've been CRAVING dairy. I have been eating 1 cup yogurt for breakfast, 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese with lunch, and at least 2 glasses of milk/day. I constantly think about milk. It's so weird. What do u think this means?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishKelly Contributor
Over the past few days I've been CRAVING dairy. I have been eating 1 cup yogurt for breakfast, 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese with lunch, and at least 2 glasses of milk/day. I constantly think about milk. It's so weird. What do u think this means?

The only thing this would naturally mean to me, would be lack of dairy. I had this same problem after my son was born 5 years ago. I couldn't tolerate milk when i was pregnant...it would give me horrible burning stomach pains and then i would throw it up...ewwwwww...yuck!! Anyway, the day he was born i remember literally smuggling and drinking carton of milk, after carton of milk out of the "help yourself room" at the hospital. I couldn't get enough milk...it was insane!!

ravenwoodglass Mentor

If you are not getting ill effects from the dairy I would think your body is wanting calcium. You consumption is not out of line, most of us should have at least this much in our diet and if you are not reacting enjoy.

plantime Contributor

If you are not intolerant, I say enjoy it! It could be the nutrients in it that your body craves, or it could be the creamy consistency of it that you are wanting. There are much worse things in life to crave than milk, cottage cheese, and yogurt!

CarlaB Enthusiast

I have read that anytime you crave something and eat it daily you should suspect and allergy/intolerance. I'd stay away from it for two weeks, then eat it again. If it doesn't bother you at all, then enjoy!! I used to crave dairy and ate it all the time; I'm casein intolerant -- I didn't think it was making me sick, it was only getting away from it for a while that confirmed what the tests showed, that it was making me sick.

Ursa Major Collaborator

I agree with Carla. My son craves dairy, and NEEDS it all the time, but it makes him to be in a bad mood, or hyper, it's never good. He won't believe me, unfortunately. My youngest daughter will sneak milk products when they're in the house, but they'll make her throw up, and she has been tested intolerant to all dairy.

I used to crave potatoes and rye bread, couldn't get enough of them, thought I couldn't live without them. But I am very intolerant to both!

Dairy doesn't give you ANY usable calcium at all. In fact, it leaches calcium from your body. It's a myth made up by the dairy industry that you should drink milk for calcium. You'll get it from green, leafy vegetables (just like the cows get it from green grass, not milk, for their strong bones).

Archived