Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know that pure maple syrup is ok but i don't like the taste of it at all. So i was wondering which brands are gluten free. Does anyone know if Hungry Jack is ok? I want pancakes tomorrow and I can't call the company until monday.

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I haven't looked at a bottle of the brand named ones, but I imagine they fill it out with things like corn syrup, water, sugar, etc. Maybe you can buy some of the good pure stuff, and dilute it with such ingredients to suit your taste. I don't know if sugar would crystallize when used that way, but corn syrup won't.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

I haven't looked at a bottle of the brand named ones, but I imagine they fill it out with things like corn syrup, water, sugar, etc. Maybe you can buy some of the good pure stuff, and dilute it with such ingredients to suit your taste. I don't know if sugar would crystallize when used that way, but corn syrup won't.

I bought Lundberg's organic brown rice syrup from Hannafords and as nasty as it sounds... it's actually very delish...

Robin L Healey, AFPA-CPT

Venus Bodyworks Personal Training

and Lifestyle Coaching

"Ive transformed my body and others...

are you ready to transform yours?"

Kellogg's Eggo Syrup and Vermont Maid are gluten-free. I believe that Aunt Jemima is as well, but I just checked on their website and couldn't find confirmation. Enjoy your pancakes!

I wish I could think of the name of it right now, but there is a brand I buy at Wal-Mart that specifically says on the label that it is gluten free. It is a sugar-free brand; comes in a plastic bottle with a handle.

Bee Hive and Old Tyme and any syrup made by the company that makes these is gluten-free.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.