Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robina

Symptoms Returning Or Worsening With Periods?

Okay I know this is a weird question... but have of the celiac females here ever experienced celiac symptoms worsening with PMS and periods? I went gluten free about two months ago... and things were going pretty well... but it seems like when I PMS... my celiac symptoms come back... like the GI upset following a glutening... and the excessive hair shedding... and I've had all my hormones tested... which all tests came back normal... I dunno... maybe I'm just crazy...

Robin L Healey, AFPA-CPT

Venus Bodyworks Personal Training

and Lifestyle Coaching

"Ive transformed my body and others...

are you ready to transform yours?"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

No, you're not crazy - there was a thread about this not too long ago asking the same question. I usually get some D along with my period. I don't notice any extra hair loss though. But D, headaches, cramping, moodiness..all seem to be pretty standard.

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Guest adamssa

hey,

i generally have lots more gi problems and all around problems when i get my period.

sara

Also remember that Pamprin, Midol and all the other mainstream PMS meds have gluten in them. At least the last time I checked. So if you're taking anything for it, you'll want to check and make sure they're gluten free.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

I have DH and for the most part my itching has subsided. But, it seems like it comes back every period. I scratched my legs and feet so much the other night I have bruises. (This was a common occurrence every day before being diagnosed.) I have not kept track but I think I need to start a journal of what I eat and how I feel each day.

Tracy

- Dx by Derm with DH in Oct 2005 - both by bloodwork and skin biopsy.

- Dx with celiac disease in Nov 2005 by biopsy of small intestine.

- gluten-free since Oct 2005

I feel icky and not so hot around my time of the month too. Advil works well for cramps though.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com