Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kimber

Oat Based Products?

Hi

I believe my ds is gluten intolerant and seems to do well with small amounts of oat based products

i just picked up oaties...is there any other oat based products i should check out?

I remember hearing scottish oatmeal was OK...i saw in my WF a cardboard tub of scottish oats...is that what people are reffering to?

Thanks, Kim

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Some people use McCann's Irish oatmeal. I tried it with my son and I, and we did have problems with it. There are some other people here that eat them though. I wouldn't use mainstream foods with oats though, because they are usually contaminated with wheat.

MOnica

I've been eating McCann's oats w/out a problem for several weeks now. Just a bowl in the morning. Thought about making some cookies. Yeah, watch out for regular brands...contaminated :P

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

CRUD ladies...Thanks

I was wondering since I don't believe he has celiac but is gluten intolerant if cc would bother him?

Thanks again

quote name='Sweetfudge' date='Nov 9 2006, 01:22 PM' post='231634']

I've been eating McCann's oats w/out a problem for several weeks now. Just a bowl in the morning. Thought about making some cookies. Yeah, watch out for regular brands...contaminated :P

CRUD ladies...Thanks

I was wondering since I don't believe he has celiac but is gluten intolerant if cc would bother him?

Thanks again

quote name='Sweetfudge' date='Nov 9 2006, 01:22 PM' post='231634']

I don't have celiac either ... but I'm every bit as sensitive to gluten as a celiac!! I will react to cc.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Thanks Carla

I don't think he is tolerating the oats after all

Yesterday after a big bowl of Oaties he became very angry/aggressive/dark eyes etc

I'm going to remove the oats for a while and see hoe he re-covers

I don't have celiac either ... but I'm every bit as sensitive to gluten as a celiac!! I will react to cc.