Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nikki8

Cookbooks-nutrition Info

Hi,

I need cookbooks with nutrition information. I have to watch my fat grams due to another problem with my digestive ducts. (They actually found the celiac by accident when they were doing an endoscopy for my digestive ducts.) I thought Gluten-free Gourmet healthy and fast would have nutrition info and it doesn't! And some reviewers have said that those recipes aren't really healthy or reduced fat. Does anyone know if Connie Sarros (i don't know about the spelling) Wheat-free, Gluten-free Reduced Calorie cookbook is any good?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Nikki

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi,

I need cookbooks with nutrition information. I have to watch my fat grams due to another problem with my digestive ducts. (They actually found the celiac by accident when they were doing an endoscopy for my digestive ducts.) I thought Gluten-free Gourmet healthy and fast would have nutrition info and it doesn't! And some reviewers have said that those recipes aren't really healthy or reduced fat. Does anyone know if Connie Sarros (i don't know about the spelling) Wheat-free, Gluten-free Reduced Calorie cookbook is any good?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Nikki

Bette Hagman's cookbooks come to mind when I think of nutritional info, but I think your best bet is doing it yourself - it's so easy. Sign up for a free account at FitDay.com and enter in all the ingredients of the dish, then divide by how many servings it makes. This way you will get more accurate information because you're using the individual nutrtional info of the actual ingredients you're using, which might have different calories/fat than the exact stuff an author used.

You should also look at CookingLight.com for recipes. They give the nutritional info and their recipes are very good and easily adaptable... plus, they'll be naturally lower in fat, so you'll find more things you can eat!

ELIZABETH

gluten-free (04.17.2006)

corn-free (03.27.2007)

xanthan gum-free

Carol Fenster's Wheat Free Recipes and Menus has nutritional info at the bottom of each recipe. The recipes are all wheat/gluten free.

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

I love Connie Sarros' (I think that's the correct spelling) Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Cookbook for Kids and Busy Adults. Most of the recipies only have a few ingredients and are actually things that real people can make in a reasonable amount of time and enjoy. I can't remember if it has nutrition information for each recipe or not. It's definitely worth checking out.

Good luck!

I know what you mean. Since diognosed with Celilac, I have gained weight. I want to eat healthy, but all the recipes have white rice flour and potato flour.