Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grannynanny

Anyone Know A Doctor In Southern Delaware?

I recently moved to Sussex County, Delaware and must start all over with doctors! :( Anyone know of a celiac-knowledgeable doctor in the beaches area? Also, any support groups around? (The CSA website gave me only one link, and it didn't work.) Thanks.

Sue

Self-diagnosed and gluten free since August 2004 (having suffered debilitating bouts of nausea, vomiting, bloating, diarrhea and stomach pain for 6 years).

Met with Dr. A. Fasano in Baltimore (Dec 2006), who felt I didn't need to be tested based on my history and positive response to the gluten-free diet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There's a group in Wilmington but that's a bit of a drive for you. They meet monthly at the ChristianaCare Medical Center. There is a Yahoo group called "gluten-free" that can be watched for a post about the next meeting. If I am not mistaken, their last meeting was this past Sunday.

As far as doctors are concerned, I am afraid I cannot help you there. As it is, I've just about given up on them.

Nevertheless, welcome to Delaware!

I recently moved to Sussex County, Delaware and must start all over with doctors! :( Anyone know of a celiac-knowledgeable doctor in the beaches area? Also, any support groups around? (The CSA website gave me only one link, and it didn't work.) Thanks.

Sue

Hi Sue,

I am in the beach area and use the Family Practice Center in Lewes Dr. Amy Robinson. My GI doc is Dr. Caruso in Lewes. I'm glad to hear of someone else in the area. There's a new health food store on Rt. 9. Good luck.

lemonicelady